Author Topic: Weatherhead family in Tynemouth  (Read 8791 times)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Weatherhead family in Tynemouth
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 14 January 17 00:05 GMT (UK) »
Oh well found William!

I wonder why Berwick is not on the list in the BTs?

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j9n/

That is a direct link to the image for the marriage

and this is a link to James' Baptism
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01j9o/

Boo

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 14 January 17 00:17 GMT (UK) »
There are a number of parishes, Boo, which do not appear in the list of parishes which can be accessed in this way. Bellingham is another one that comes to mind. In the case of Auckland St Andrew you only have images up to 1796 if you go from the list but can go up to the 1840's if you access from the catalogue.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 14 January 17 00:20 GMT (UK) »
There are a number of parishes, Boo, which do not appear in the list of parishes which can be accessed in this way. Bellingham is another one that comes to mind. In the case of Auckland St Andrew you only have images up to 1796 if you go from the list but can go up to the 1840's if you access from the catalogue.

William

I've used the catalogue in that way before - for other counties, but never tried for Northumberland.
Will be having a good firkle in there :-)
Thank you, I learn so much useful stuff in here :-)

Boo

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 14 January 17 15:13 GMT (UK) »
You certainly do learn new stuff on here - I didn't even know that there was a 'back door' to the BTs.

Just need to remember how to do it now  ;D

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 14 January 17 16:37 GMT (UK) »
I only found out myself a couple of months ago...... on Roots Chat, of course :)
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 15 January 17 20:06 GMT (UK) »
WOW WOW WOW, you guys are AMAZING! I'll never be able to fully express how much it means to me that you all take the time to help me, thank you from the bottom of my heart  :)

p.s. I found out that James died in a shipwreck and that the North shields fishermen are looking to build a memorial for fishermen that lost their lives at sea so I'm going to donate  :)
Kelly, Weatherhead, Wagner, Russell, Smiles (Smailes)

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 15:10 GMT (UK) »
If I have other information I need help on do I start another post or continue on this one?

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If it is related to the present enquiry I would be inclined to ask here as then duplication of information is avoided. If it is completely unrelated(eg a totally different branch of your tree) best to start another thread. If in doubt I would suggest post it here as I am sure that if it becomes obvious that another thread makes sense someone will say so!

William

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Millmoore :)

So here goes...

I found out James Weatherhead went to jail for ten days for not showing up to board a ship, he was a mariner, does anyone know if it was a regular prison then, or something just for sailors?

I would like to find Joseph Weatherhead's birth/death info/believed to be born in Berwick on tweed, england

Also I found out that Barbara Russell, James Weatherhead's mother, died in the workhouse in Tynemouth in 1871 and her youngest son James (born in 1857) was in there also...I have to say it made me sad to see that but I would like to find out any info on when she was registered there...and what happened to her youngest son after she died? would love to see his discharge...

And last but not least...my great great great grandmother Elizabeth Jane weatherhead who is James and Barbara's daughter emigrated at some point between 1871 and 1873 from england to New Brunswick Canada...she was married in 1871 to Anthony William Wagner and I can't find any record of him in England or Canada..I know she married him in 1871 in England, and she gave birth to her daughter Elizabeth Jane Wagner in 1873 in New Brunswick Canada, she then married my great great great grandfather in 1874

I would like to know what happened to Anthony William Wagner as well..his father's name was George Wagner.