Author Topic: Weatherhead family in Tynemouth  (Read 8825 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Weatherhead family in Tynemouth
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Could this be James  ??? - 1881 Scotland Census Mill Road Town Begins Berwickshire - originally transcribed  James Weatharhead but someone has sent an alteration on anc.

James Weatharhead   24 Born Ayton, Berwickshire
Jane Weatharhead   30
Eleanor S Weatharhead 2 Born Eyemouth, Berwickshire
James W Weatharhead 7 Months. Born Eyemouth, Berwickshire.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:20 GMT (UK) »
IF reply 27 is James then they show in 1891 Mill Road Berwickshire - birth would be out slightly

James Weatherhead   44 Boat Builder.
Jane Weatherhead   40
Eleaner S Weatherhead 12 James William Weatherhead   10

1901 Toll Rd Springbank Eyemouth Berwickshire. Again birth would be out

James Weatherhead   55 Jane Weatherhead   52
Eleanor S Weatherhead 22 James W Weatherhead   20

This James (wife of Jane nee Kennedy) passed away 24 December 1924 probate 23 June 1925

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Sandra, those wouldn't match the James I'm looking for...he was born in Tynemouth..7 may 1857..
Kelly, Weatherhead, Wagner, Russell, Smiles (Smailes)

Offline tamarakel

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:36 GMT (UK) »
I should say born in North Shields..baptised in tynemouth...I believe..
Kelly, Weatherhead, Wagner, Russell, Smiles (Smailes)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 19:08 GMT (UK) »

I would like to find Joseph Weatherhead's birth/death info/believed to be born in Berwick on tweed, england

What year was Joseph born ?

James baptism Tynemouth, Northumberland - 3 August 1859

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J78S-Z84

Best to always give as much info as you can in your posts.

Sandra

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Taking this in bite sized pieces:

I found out James Weatherhead went to jail for ten days for not showing up to board a ship, he was a mariner, does anyone know if it was a regular prison then, or something just for sailors?

Which James Weatherhead?
If it was the one previously discussed, son of Joseph and Elizabeth who was baptised 10 Jun 1821 at Berwick upon Tweed, then did your info about the sentence come from the newspaper report in 1847? If so then that case was held at North Shields Police Court and he was sentenced to the House of Correction. That would be a general local prison, not specific to any one section of those sentenced.

I would like to find Joseph Weatherhead's birth/death info/believed to be born in Berwick on tweed, england

Do you have any records for Joseph which would give at least a ball park figure for his year of birth? Do you have him on any census returns to pin down the last time you know he was still alive to narrow down his death year and where he was last recorded as living?

If you can shed some light on the above, then that will help.

I'm not ignoring your other queries but there are a lot to deal with in one go and I am a great believer in baby steps :-)

Boo

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Did the name of Anthony William Wagner's father come from the marriage certificate or just the family search record  ?  If so what was the occupation of George ?

Sandra

Online Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 19:28 GMT (UK) »
I cannot see a likely death for Joseph Weatherhead.

Following on from Boo's point about the House of Correction if you google " North Shields House of Correction" as I just did there is a really good piece about it.

Re workhouses try the website " workhouses.org". It is very good and, although it may be currently unfashionable to say so, is very much the work of an expert. You may not find what you are looking for but this will give a good idea of what the workhouse was like and the location, if any, of surviving records.

Re Anthony William Wagner worth considering that, since no other British records are obvious, he may have been a mariner from overseas eg mainland Europe (or perhaps Canada- have you looked for his birth there?)

William

Added - There does seem to be at least one other Weatherhead family of mariners in Berwick upon Tweed in the same sort of time frame - father Thomas and son William. There may, of course, be no connection but it might be an angle worth pursuing.

Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 19:40 GMT (UK) »
I cannot see a likely death for Joseph Weatherhead.

Re Anthony William Wagner worth considering that, since no other British records are obvious, he may have been a mariner from overseas eg mainland Europe (or perhaps Canada- have you looked for his birth there?)

William

there is an Emily Wagner who married at same place as Anthony William Wagner - she married in 1876 -her father was John Wagner
It looks like Emily's parents were John & Mary Wagner - b Germany
There is also a Doris Wagner who is a lodger in same area - maybe they were related??

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk