Author Topic: Look-up please, Birth 1950, G/child of John McKinnon, 44 Lochend St, Motherwell  (Read 5313 times)

Online Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look-up please, Birth 1950, G/child of John McKinnon, 44 Lochend St, Motherwell
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 January 17 15:14 GMT (UK) »
I think I went to school with their daughter, she was either Catherine or Kathleen Griffin.
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.
Leonard - County Donegal & Glasgow.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Look-up please, Birth 1950, G/child of John McKinnon, 44 Lochend St, Motherwell
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 January 17 23:15 GMT (UK) »
Claire,

Thanks for PM, much appreciated & more info. than a cert. at full price would have given!

Well Lodger,

That's amazing you went to school with my relative  :o

The PM I sent you the other day (re a burial) was in regards to her g/father or g g/father Neil MacKinnon 1858 - 1931 died Millar St, Dalziel!

I haven't had enough time to go through all this info. yet!

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Online Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 January 17 00:01 GMT (UK) »
I seem to remember that there was a brother called Robert but I'm not too sure, it was so long ago.
Do you have a date of death for Neil other than just 1931?
Millar Street later became Orbiston Street and Lochend St was a very small street that connected Millar St and Windmillhill St, (the main street in that part of Motherwell) number 44 Lochend St must have been right at the corner of Millar St as it is a very short street, no houses there now, my great-grandparents lived in a small cottage there which is now someone's workshop, it must have been just about 10 yards away from No.44.
At the other corner of Lochend St (at the Millar St end) is what used to be Crosshill farmhouse, probably the oldest surviving house in the town, that too is now a workshop.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Devlin - Co Tyrone.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 09 January 17 00:36 GMT (UK) »
Yes Lodger,

I have date of death for Neil M(a)cKinnon 21 Mar 1931 & his wife Catherine Mooney d 16 Feb 1924 at 69 Lochend St?
MacKinnon on his birth.

The writing is a bit faded & could be 6c?

Will post an image soon.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 09 January 17 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Image of death 16 Feb 1924 for Catherine McKinnon (m/s Mooney) married to Neil McKinnon

Annie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 09 January 17 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Neil M(a)cKinnon & Catherine Mooney had at least 7 known children;

I don't have all their births as this is a new line of enquiry  ;)

1st 3 b Glasgow, Next 4 b Motherwell

Mary c1885 Glasgow
Neil c1886
James c1887

Effie (Euphemia) c1889 Motherwell
Annie c1890
Jeannie/Janet/Jane c1891
John 11 Nov 1893 (in my query)

Annie

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 09 January 17 00:52 GMT (UK) »

No other records in the newspapers ~ albeit Peter Mckinnons name was mentioned in 'Birthday Greetings' , ~ January 1950.

claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 09 January 17 01:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Claire,

Your info. has been great & appreciated indeed!

I downloaded John MacKinnon's birth (1893) in 2013 & this is me just getting round to doing more research as the relationship was quite distant. John would be my 2nd cousin x 2 removes so I'm happy with all info. you have sent me as I was passing time with looking for lost/still to be found relatives  ;D

So sad about the accident & death though (won't name that individual), not expected  :(

Annie

Online Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 09 January 17 08:34 GMT (UK) »
In the 1911 Motherwell directory there is an entry for Neil McKinnon, Lochend Street. (No house number).
In the 1925 directory there is an entry for Mrs Catherine McKinnon, 6c Lochend Street. The house numbers only go as far as 23 and I still can't imagine there being 44 houses in that little street, there was Crosshill farmhouse at one corner - sitting at an angle which took up quite an area, the Baptist Church and outbuildings and the New Century Bar at the Windmillhill corners, not leaving much in between. Perhaps it was 4b or something? Not that it makes any difference really. It is definitely 6c on the certificate you posted.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Devlin - Co Tyrone.