Author Topic: Did anyone out there in the ether know Auntie please. 1912 - 2005  (Read 660 times)

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Did anyone out there in the ether know Auntie please. 1912 - 2005
« on: Sunday 08 January 17 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dawn

Will leave post on London, in hope, no luck so far with N.Z., so since family lived in Surrey  maybe someone with a long memory might have known 'Auntie' of 39, Knutcroft  Grove Fetcham  and later at Hawks Hill.

I would have known Grand Aunt Elizabeth Mary Tillman,( my Father's cousin ), but fate got in he way and we never met.
Elizabeth's father Frank and my Grandfather Henry Edward, were the last of the Tillman Carriage Lamp Makers and worked close together  - so I might well assume that my Father, Frank Henry Tillman b. 1907 would have had contact with Elizabeth, however, the fact that he was killed in 1944, was I think the fate that got in the way.
All that I have found out so far, apart from the fact that Elizabeth wrote the book " Getting to the Roots of the Family Tree: The Story of a Saxon Family" - is from a Lady from the States who met her once and was kind enough to give me a photo of Elizabeth, the fact that she worked in the civil service and in 1934 was with the Post Office in the London Telephone Service with an Executive position. It also appears that Elizabeth, in her spare time, apart from searching very old 13th century 'Tillmans' - went in for painting, according to a newspaper article of the 1950's she exhibited her work ( the watercolour " Box High Woods") in The Post Office Artist International Exhibition in London.
Any information that helps me know who Auntie really was would be nice.

Best

John 1935
Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)
Macaire. Eusebe. Boitel. Beaulieu. Gordon. Tillman. Fear. Wood.
 ( London/ Middlesex & Devon )

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone out there in the ether know Auntie please. 1912 - 2005
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 January 17 16:37 GMT (UK) »
She died 25.10.2005 and left a will - have you already bought a copy as it may give some info

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline John1935

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone out there in the ether know Auntie please. 1912 - 2005
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 January 17 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year, and yes Carole have Will, been in touch with 'it's' Solicitors who are still trying to (I think) contact the executor for me, but does seem most people mentioned, also long gone.

Best

John
Goodsir.  Ellington. Tillman.  Wilson. AngAs. Capstaff (Northumberland & Durham)
Macaire. Eusebe. Boitel. Beaulieu. Gordon. Tillman. Fear. Wood.
 ( London/ Middlesex & Devon )