Author Topic: Swarkestone burials please  (Read 520 times)

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Swarkestone burials please
« on: Monday 09 January 17 17:46 GMT (UK) »
If anyone has access to Swarkestone burials I would be grateful if they could check the following two burials for me to see if there is any additional information given

4 May 1781  John Bakewell

15 Feb 1791 Elizabeth Bakewell

Thanks
Carol
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Yorkshire - Potts, Bell, Derbyshire, Kershaw
Worcestershire - Dyson, Summers, Dearn, Jones
Warwickshire - Russon
Leicestershire - Stodd, Sarson, Berridge, Watts, Bradshaw.
Middlesex / Surrey - Markham, Pearce, Kalaher, Barrett

This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Swarkestone burials please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol, and a happy new year to you.
I have the Ancestral Archives disc of the Swarkestone PR's 1604-1910.....and strangely there are no Bakewell burials...indeed, the only Bakewell in any of the three categories is a Baptism of Thomas Bakewell baptised 13.08.1671 son of William.
We re just off to Matlock to browse Antique Shoppes....but 'm intrigued enough t pop into the Records office to check the originals............will get back to you tonight.

Derek
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Happy New year to you too

Thanks very much.  The information came from FindMyPast but there are no images so will be very grateful for any information.

Carol
 ;D
Derby- Bamford,Slater,Marriott,Lee,Fox,Hopkinson,Hawksley, Furniss, Froggatt, Stodd.
Notts - Breeding, Lacey Marriott ,Kershaw,Chambers,Geeson,Mitchell,Watts,Potts,Slack,Robinson, Cooper
Warwickshire - Russon

Offline Derbysderek

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Carol...........I have now seen the micro-films of the original Swarkestone PR's..and my disc appears to be accurate..there are NO Bakewell burials at Swarkestone..there were five burials only in 1791...and five only in 1781...The entries are clear and easily readable and i have photographed them.

I have searched the nearest village for any Bakewells in the 18th century.......Stanton by Bridge and Melbourne and although there are Bakewells at Melbourne.they seem to have disappeared into leicestershire......

Any chance of looking for a birth for John Bakewell???....the best i can do for the early to mid 18th c are at Marston on Dove.

I also looed at the memorial Inscriptions for Swarkestone..zilch...so perhaps they were Catholic or Non.Conformist?

Good luck!
Willing to research Derbyshire ancestors (free of charge) have a large number of derbyshire parish records. and access to many others including full Census including 1911....

Offline sunflower

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 19:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for looking for me.  I appreicate your help.   I checked the information on the FindMyPast site and it says the information is from the BT's.  I will perhaps have to write to the RO and ask for copies.

Thanks once again
Carol
Warwickshire - Russon