Author Topic: Find My Past Subscription  (Read 16804 times)

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Find My Past Subscription
« on: Tuesday 10 January 17 14:38 GMT (UK) »
My subscription is about to expire on Find MY Past has anyone a discount code or knowledge of any offers? I had a bargain offer for the World Subscription for 2016 at £64 thanks to a fellow member of RootsChat last year.

Ellen

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past Subscription
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 14:46 GMT (UK) »
There was a $1/conversion rate just before Xmas , which many have taken advantage of. Others may confirm but I think Easter may be the next round.

I would also ring them and ask for a discount again. If not say you have to leave as you cant afford it. I'm sure that a deal can be worked. :)
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 15:41 GMT (UK) »
If your account is on auto-renew, you probably would get offered a 25% discount a week or so before renewal.  Other than that recently there have only be 10% discounts or £1 for 1 month (which excludes the 1939 Register).  Since they added the 1939 Register, they've not been so generous with discounts. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline PrawnCocktail

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 16:49 GMT (UK) »
I was on that World sub as well, expires today for me. I talked to them on Chat, and was told to wait until my sub expires, and then renew. They told me how much, and gave me a code to input, as this isn't something otherwise available. I'll be trying it tomorrow.

The good thing about having done it on chat is that they sent me a transcript of the conversation, containing both the code and the subscription rate! So I've got the 25% off the UK sub in writing!
Website: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~towcesterfamilies/genealogy/
Towcester - anything, any time
Cheshire - Lambert, Houghland, Birtwisle
Liverpool - Platt, Cunningham, Ditton
London - Notley, Elsom, Billett
Oxfordshire - Hitchcock, Smith, Leonard, Taunt
Durham - Hepburn, Eltringham
Berwickshire - Guthrie, Crawford
Somerset - Taylor (Bath)
Gloucestershire - Verrinder, Colborn
Dorset - Westlake

Offline craggagh

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello -

I have just received the following e-mail which may be of use :

20% off 12 Month Subscription Orders at Find My Past. Want to save more from other 1 exciting coupons & deals? Check now!
[http://cdn.promospro.co.uk/image/couponnewsletter/couponalert/uklogo2.png?v=20150121]    
Find My Past Offers
Find My Past
Find My Past    
20% off 12 Month Subscription Orders code: 12BRITAIN20 Expires: January 23, 2017 More Top Coupons & Deals From Find My Past Find My Past Free 14-Day Trial of Discover the family Expires: January 23, 2017 See More Find My Past Vouchers & Deals Follow Us Your are subscribed as: ..... To ensure delivery of PromoPro email offer to your inbox, please add couponalert@promopro.co.uk to your address book. Copyright 2017 LinkGains (HK) Limited, Rm. 19C, Lockhart Ctr.,, Hong Kong. If you don't want to get email like this, modify or unsubscribe.

craggagh.

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your replies  :)
Prawn Cocktail were you successful today and how much did you end up paying, if you don't mind me asking. I went on the Chat line and was offered Worldwide for £116.75 and British £89.97 but they didn't give me a code  :(so not sure what to do.

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello -

I have just received the following e-mail which may be of use :

20% off 12 Month Subscription Orders at Find My Past. Want to save more from other 1 exciting coupons & deals? Check now!
[http://cdn.promospro.co.uk/image/couponnewsletter/couponalert/uklogo2.png?v=20150121]    
Find My Past Offers
Find My Past
Find My Past    
20% off 12 Month Subscription Orders code: 12BRITAIN20 Expires: January 23, 2017 More Top Coupons & Deals From Find My Past Find My Past Free 14-Day Trial of Discover the family Expires: January 23, 2017 See More Find My Past Vouchers & Deals Follow Us Your are subscribed as: ..... To ensure delivery of PromoPro email offer to your inbox, please add couponalert@promopro.co.uk to your address book. Copyright 2017 LinkGains (HK) Limited, Rm. 19C, Lockhart Ctr.,, Hong Kong. If you don't want to get email like this, modify or unsubscribe.

craggagh.

I've received that email twice but the code that they give always shows as "no longer valid".

Has it worked for anyone else?

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline PrawnCocktail

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 16:57 GMT (UK) »
Turns out you have to put the discount code in first (box on the right hand side on the first page), then choose which sub you wanted.

However, the code I had only gave me a sub of £95.96, or 20% off. So I got back on the chat, and they got me a different code, which gave me just over what I'd been offered. She then refunded the difference!

Talk about convoluted! I suspect no-one had thought we might not want to stay on World, having tried it, but I certainly wasn't able to make good use of it, being all British.
Website: http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~towcesterfamilies/genealogy/
Towcester - anything, any time
Cheshire - Lambert, Houghland, Birtwisle
Liverpool - Platt, Cunningham, Ditton
London - Notley, Elsom, Billett
Oxfordshire - Hitchcock, Smith, Leonard, Taunt
Durham - Hepburn, Eltringham
Berwickshire - Guthrie, Crawford
Somerset - Taylor (Bath)
Gloucestershire - Verrinder, Colborn
Dorset - Westlake

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 17:54 GMT (UK) »
My sub runs out on 8th Feb and last year I took up their brillant offer of 50% off and paid in $49.88! For worldwide.
Thanks to whoever put out that info.

So went on to chat today and pleaded poverty etc and they reduced worldwide sub paid in sterling from £139.99 to £116.99 - with a code to use. Not the best but they weren't budging any further so accepted that.

Does that help anyone decide?

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK