Author Topic: Find My Past Subscription  (Read 16831 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Find My Past Subscription
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 17:58 GMT (UK) »
My sub runs out on 8th Feb and last year I took up their brillant offer of 50% off and paid in $49.88! For worldwide.
Thanks to whoever put out that info.

So went on to chat today and pleaded poverty etc and they reduced worldwide sub paid in sterling from £139.99 to £116.99 - with a code to use. Not the best but they weren't budging any further so accepted that.

Does that help anyone decide?

Caroline

I was offered that £116.99 automatically as a loyal customer when my sub ran out last month!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 18:01 GMT (UK) »
And I thought I'd done so well - you've quite burst my bubble!! I've been with them for years too, shall have to see what I can do when I enter the code after 8th Feb!!
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 18:26 GMT (UK) »
I received the email offering me that about 10 days before my sub was due to be renewed, it will be interesting to see if they send you the same. It said it was 25% off and

"EXCLUSIVE PRICE FOR RENEWING CUSTOMERS

This annual subscription price is not available to non-renewing customers - it's our way of thanking you for your loyalty"
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 19:19 GMT (UK) »
I shall wait to see if they send me an email, although if I've just negotiated a new sub they may not!

I've just done the same with Ancestry who I think are also quite expensive at £179.99 for world wide!!!! They reduced it to £134.99.

I know they have a greta deal invested and when you work it out to a daily rate it's probably peanuts BUT if you subscribe to more than one it ticks up.

Good job I have my own account and my husband has no idea what I spend - except of course it comes out of a joint a/c at the end of each month!!
As we've just booked flights to California on my a/c he'll never notice these added sums!!!
Oh dear I wish partners could understand the need to do all this research etc ah well he's a member of a golf club somit all balances out in the end and I have earnt just as much, if not more,in my working life!!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline SmallTownGirl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 19:25 GMT (UK) »
I had one of the cheepie World subs that expired only the other day, but my UK sub runs until late July.

Live chatted today and was offered a 12mth World sub for £124.74 which combines my memberships.  Not at all convinced that it's a good deal, but couldn't get it any lower.

STG
Always looking for GOODWINS in Berkshire :)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 23:26 GMT (UK) »
So are you saying you had two subs then?

Why do you need a worldwide and U.K. When the world one covers the uk?

If you were offered £124.74 for a 12 month sub then you have a good deal don't you?

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 12 January 17 00:28 GMT (UK) »
I've just done the same with Ancestry who I think are also quite expensive at £179.99 for world wide!!!! They reduced it to £134.99.

I got that Christmas Eve (sub was due to run out on 28 Dec) but had to threaten to leave because they weren't playing ball again (had same attitude from them the year before).  When Mum phones about the same (she has her own Premium sub), she never has anywhere near as much trouble. :-X  That said, for £11.25 per month, its very good value but just a lot in one go. 

I did have a half price FindMyPast sub until last October but decided not to renew it although the auto-renew discount worked out at 25% off the new price (was 10% off the old pre-increase price).  I've currently availed myself of the £1 for 1 month offer, albeit minus the 1939 Register, but am hoping they launch the Leicestershire & Rutland PRs before it expires.  I don't think their worldwide sub is anywhere near as good as Ancestry's, but that's my personal view. ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 12 January 17 03:44 GMT (UK) »
Come to Salt Lake City or the Riverton, Utah Genealogical  Libraries and ancestry, Find-My Past and My Heritage are available free. No charge for anything except for copies.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 12 January 17 08:39 GMT (UK) »
For those who don't have a sub!
Free access to findmypast, 12 - 15 January 2017
Does not include the 1939 Register
Does include census and parish registers
John