Author Topic: Delachule or Delashule - same place or not?  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Indiana.59

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Delachule or Delashule - same place or not?
« on: Wednesday 11 January 17 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know if Delachule and Delashule are the same place in Tomintoul - Banffshire - as I am sure I found Delashule somewhere that was somewhere quite close to Delachule  - now lost in memory - Delachule comes under many old spellings - Delashule not being one of them - any ideas any one - many thanks in advance xxx

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Delachule or Delashule - same place or not?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know if Delachule and Delashule are the same place in Tomintoul - Banffshire - as I am sure I found Delashule somewhere that was somewhere quite close to Delachule  - now lost in memory - Delachule comes under many old spellings - Delashule not being one of them - any ideas any one - many thanks in advance xxx
It will be the same place. Spelling was not a fixed quantity until the 20th century and it's extremely common to find several variant spellings of the same place.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.