Author Topic: Riches!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
Re: Riches!
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 January 17 04:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes - green with envy doesn't half describe it  :)

But how wonderful for you to have been able to get a look at such treasures.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Online ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 January 17 16:04 GMT (UK) »
The botanical ones are really so impressive - and so like the sort of work my mother used to do when she was young, I really admire the detail and presentation.
You are indeed fortunate - but in case you're tempted to take the illustrations and display them, please take expert advice before you do. the colours are so rich and fresh that it may well be that light would fade them.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 January 17 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Wow - fantastic - just what every researcher would love to find  ;D

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 14 January 17 16:58 GMT (UK) »
I've only just read all the previous posts so don't know all your history regarding this wonderful treasure trove.

I can admire the quality of the botanical and wildlife painting as remarkable even when looking at it third hand on here.
You are really fortunate to be able to see such wonderful work from such a long time ago and in such great condition.
A true inspiration as to the talents of women from an era when those in households where women didn't work.
I wonder how many were able to spend their time honing their talents and yet not have the recognition that was rightly due.
 Great treasure to be able to look at and like others very envious!
Wonderful that we can all share, in some way, with you the pictures.
Thank you for sharing
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 16 January 17 18:37 GMT (UK) »
 :D WOW.  How TOTALLY FAB-U-LOUS.
The flowers are so beautiful. And actual photos too.

Now I am going to have to go and lie down, and cry for a while!!  :-*
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.