Author Topic: Martin/Lee  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Jamborae

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Martin/Lee
« on: Wednesday 11 January 17 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm new to this but I'm looking to trace my grandads family who are from alloa/fallin area.  My grandad was Hugh Martin born 1930, who married Euphemia Christie in 1953. His dad was Con and I believe he had cousins in Fallin. His sister was Helen who emigrated to America. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post more once I get more information. Thanks

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Martin/Lee
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 January 17 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

If you are looking for living relatives - Rootschat has a "no living persons" policy.

If you want to trace his ancestry - buying a copy of either your grandfathers birth cert or marriage cert will give you both his parents names and his mothers maiden name

That information will enable you to find his parents marriage and their respective parents names

Scotlands people is the only website for that info and it is pay per view via purchase of credits

You will have to order copies of his birth/marriage certs as that period cannot be viewed online (see below)

www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Search results include links to . or order certificate. The digital images, which are of the original register pages, are restricted as follows for internet research:

100 years for births
    75 years for marriages
    50 years for deaths

This is in accordance with the National Records of Scotland's policy of protecting the privacy of individuals.

If you require an official copy of a birth entry less than 100 years old, marriage entry less than 75 years old or death entry less than 50 years, go to certificate search. Further information is provided in certificates and copies.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)