Author Topic: Help Needed to find a Marriage in Belfast.  (Read 1394 times)

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Needed to find a Marriage in Belfast.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 14 January 17 03:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

GRONI is the general records office Northern Ireland. You can search their index for free, after you have opened an account and lodged a few credits. The index records were the ones given by Ann_P. To see the actual record you need to use 5 credits from your account.

The irishgenealogy website   https://www.irishgenealogy.ie  is also free to search but you can also see the actual records for free, only they have not yet got as far back loading the images for the 1870s marriages.

What is currently viewable for free is births from 1864 to 1915, marriages from 1882 to 1940, and deaths from 1891 to 1965.

Cheers

Linda

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 14 January 17 14:28 GMT (UK) »
GRONI is the general records office Northern Ireland. You can search their index for free, after you have opened an account and lodged a few credits. The index records were the ones given by Ann_P. To see the actual record you need to use 5 credits from your account.

The irishgenealogy website   https://www.irishgenealogy.ie  is also free to search but you can also see the actual records for free, only they have not yet got as far back loading the images for the 1870s marriages.

What is currently viewable for free is births from 1864 to 1915, marriages from 1882 to 1940, and deaths from 1891 to 1965.

Just to clarify the above post- Irish Genealogy only cover marriage & death records for N.I. counties up until 1921.

Reply #1 already has details from GRONI.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 January 17 19:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda & aghadowey,

Many thanks for your replies, very much appreciated.

Linda, many thanks for info re GRONI & irishgenealogy.ie, much appreciated.

Aghadowey, many thanks for clarification, much appreciated.

Apologies for tardyness of my reply.

My thanks again.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)