Author Topic: Aaron FLOOK / Hannah PRATTEN's family line - Bristol, Gloucestershire  (Read 2157 times)

Offline JCJEFFERIES

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron FLOOK / Hannah PRATTEN's family line - Bristol, Gloucestershire
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 10:53 BST (UK) »
B&AFHS is Bristol & Avon FHS which covers Bristol plus south Glos and north Somerset. I have their BMD CDs for Bristol parishes. The LDS are the only other source of parish records for the area pre civil registration and that is what both Ancestry and FindMyPast use as neither have done much in the area on their own transcriptions. As I said some of the baptism data for the children of Aaron & Hannah Flook from the two sources disagree on dates.

Daniel Flook (actually my GGG Grandfather) seems to be the only child without a baptism but we know from Aaron’s will that he had a son Daniel. Over the years most people I have come across descended from Daniel were via his second marriage to Sarah Demmery. Your name rings a bell so we may have been in contact previously. 10-20 years ago there was a Flook Forum on a family history web site with most of the activity Bristol based but it went quiet and cannot find it now.

Its difficult to extend the tree of most of Aaron & Hannah’s family. Joseph born 1774 I have married to Hannah Grindal 1792 at St Geo but most on Ancestry have him married to Dinah Williams at St James in 1800. Both families are living in St Geo in 1841 with one Joseph born 1773 and the other 1771. In 1851 Joseph & Hannah are in their 80s and Joseph’s age gives his birth as 1867 possibly too old to be the correct person! The other Joseph has died and Dinah is living with a daughter and family. So in this case I think I probably have the wrong marriage!

Looking at the 15 trees on Ancestry on Aaron Flook & Hannah Pratten there is no agreement about the number of children with one tree having 23 children. There is some similarity in the mix of names but each person has different names and dates. I have 14 baptisms between 1770 and 1793 at Hanham Abbots for them from B&AFHS data and Family Search has 11 with slightly different dates.

Offline Windem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 September 23 21:33 BST (UK) »
Aaron Flook is my 5th great-grandfather. My great-grandmother, Mary Flook, married George Perkins and they emigrated to the United States - western Pennsylvania and then western Maryland where they lived in a mining area outside Cumberland, Maryland.

Offline Windem

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 September 23 19:55 BST (UK) »
I've asked the moderator to delete this as I've discovered the relationship is not the case.