Author Topic: 1718 Migration to the USA  (Read 3508 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1718 Migration to the USA
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 January 17 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Very few people in this area would be able to trace their family back that far  ::)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline MarilynL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 05:11 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou, both. Is there a local paper with good reach you could suggest, please? Probably from Limavady towards Coleraine. I emailed a Limavady group to try and find out if anyone was researching Moores but had no reply.

Regards, Marilyn

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 12:20 GMT (UK) »
came across a Tristram Moore date of birth 1765, date of death 1839, Occupation Apothercary, Londonderry 1802 NSW ship Atlas

http://www.convictrecords.com.au/convicts/moore/tristram/133044

Offline Gortinanima

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 17:54 GMT (UK) »
The Conolly estate papers lists some tenants who were going or gone to America in 1718

A List of persons in the Manor of Limavady, which are gone or going to New England and how they disposed of their lands, dated 24th August 1718.

Carrowmuddle James Donning
Crindle Robert Patton
Culmore A.C Patton
Burnally Thomas Marten
Carrowclare John Boule (Boyle) replaced by Edward Moore
Crindle Robert Speer
Culmore John Gay
Crindle John Paul
Ballyhenry   Hugh Boyle
N’Limavady John Paterson
Derrymore   William Carr
Carrick Upper David Alexander

Offline MarilynL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 22:02 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou. The information on Tristram is from Australian records and his birth year was backtracked from age at death. The other information is largely from Australian records and Peter Mayberry did excellent research on the transportation of the Irish to Australia. Sadly there doesn't appear to be any Irish records showing his date and place of birth, parents and siblings which is what I would love to discover.

The Manor of Limavady information is very interesting. Through the 1800s there were Moores in Carrowclare and Carrowreagh per land records and Wills, and including some Tristram Moores. So does below read that an Edward Moore from Carrowclare went to New England in 1718 and replaced a John Boule who was going and didn't? Or did John Boule go and his land was given to an Edward Moore?

Is the Manor of Limavady  information from the Connolly Papers publicly available or only if you pay PRONI for research in the case of the Connolly Papers which I have tried to track previously.

I was recently in Limavady and asked about the Manor document but no-one seemed to know where it was.

Marilyn

Offline Gortinanima

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 18 January 17 06:56 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou. The information on Tristram is from Australian records and his birth year was backtracked from age at death. The other information is largely from Australian records and Peter Mayberry did excellent research on the transportation of the Irish to Australia. Sadly there doesn't appear to be any Irish records showing his date and place of birth, parents and siblings which is what I would love to discover.

The Manor of Limavady information is very interesting. Through the 1800s there were Moores in Carrowclare and Carrowreagh per land records and Wills, and including some Tristram Moores. So does below read that an Edward Moore from Carrowclare went to New England in 1718 and replaced a John Boule who was going and didn't? Or did John Boule go and his land was given to an Edward Moore?

Is the Manor of Limavady  information from the Connolly Papers publicly available or only if you pay PRONI for research in the case of the Connolly Papers which I have tried to track previously.

I was recently in Limavady and asked about the Manor document but no-one seemed to know where it was.

Marilyn

John Boyle emigrated to America and was replaced by John Moore who was a tenant in Carrowclare.

The Connoly Papers in PRONI are rather limited in scope and generally only lists the larger tenants on the estate.

Offline MarilynL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 19 January 17 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Gorinanima, may I clarify. Did Moore replace Boyle on Boyle's land/tenancy or in some other role?

If on the land / as tenant does that mean the tenancy in Carrowclare was large?

Last Oct I looked at the land in Carrowclare and Carrowreagh which Moores occupied per Griffiths in 1850s.

Marilyn

Offline joemc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 21 January 17 19:35 GMT (UK) »
McCorkell, Clarke, Williams, Craig, Baird, Peoples, MacDonald, Wray and associated families, Counties Donegal and Londonderry, Ireland and America