Author Topic: [REQ] Marriage and/or Death Lookup  (Read 5146 times)

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: [REQ] Marriage and/or Death Lookup
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:30 GMT (UK) »
Archives New Zealand have the Probate file for

Annie Anderson BOLTON -  Year:  1911   
[died on 28 December 1910 ]

View at familysearch.org

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1865481

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the information you provided.  I am aware of those births Lucy2, but my problem is that there are a number of William's siblings that I *think* also emigrated to New Zealand around the 1860's and 1870's, but I need to confirm that the people with the same names and approximate birth dates who married in New Zealand are actually those same siblings.  Hope that makes sense.

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of the online tree you mentioned that had James Craigie, Mariner?  Thanks again  :)
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand
Oxley - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:37 GMT (UK) »
Annie Anderson BOLTON (nee CRAIGIE) was the sister of Helen SOUTHBERG (nee CRAIGIE).
[Mentioned in will of Annie A. BOLTON.]

Here is the Obituary of Helen SOUTHBERG :

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/LWM19300722.2.2

"Lake Wakatipu Mail"

It mentions Helen's two surviving sisters -- Mrs Geo. MILLER (Greenlane) and Mrs Robert STEVENSON (St Kilda).
Will post details of those shortly.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:39 GMT (UK) »
The tree is at ancestry.com (actually, there may be several of them, but with info copied one to the other as tends to happen).

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:45 GMT (UK) »
William CRAIGIE and Louisa were married 18 Aug 1879 at Millers Flat, Central Otago.. his parents shown as James CRAIGIE and Marie ANDERSON.  He died at Frankton on 8 April 1901.

Hope this helps

RajahNZ

Just curious ... did RajahNZ give you the actual source of this information -- e.g. names of parents of William CRAIGIE ??

It is just that parents names were not recorded on New Zealand marriage records until 4th quarter of 1880.
 ???

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:45 GMT (UK) »
Annie Anderson BOLTON (nee CRAIGIE) was the sister of Helen SOUTHBERG (nee CRAIGIE).
[Mentioned in will of Annie A. BOLTON.]

Here is the Obituary of Helen SOUTHBERG :

http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/newspapers/LWM19300722.2.2

"Lake Wakatipu Mail"

It mentions Helen's two surviving sisters -- Mrs Geo. MILLER (Greenlane) and Mrs Robert STEVENSON (St Kilda).
Will post details of those shortly.

Thank you for that Lucy2 - that's exactly the information I was looking for, as Helen was one of the siblings that I wasn't sure came to New Zealand.  There is also a John Craigie that I'm not sure of, but there were 2 John Craigie's born in the same year and same place, and the one that came to New Zealand had the birth date of the one that isn't the son of James Craigie and Mary Anderson.
Sinnamon (and variants); Black; McBreen; Brady. - Northern Ireland & New Zealand
Liggins, Liggons, Liggens (and variants) - Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire & New Zealand
Padman (family very much involved in early Wesleyan Church) - England, Australia and New Zealand

Offline Tikva

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:46 GMT (UK) »
William CRAIGIE and Louisa were married 18 Aug 1879 at Millers Flat, Central Otago.. his parents shown as James CRAIGIE and Marie ANDERSON.  He died at Frankton on 8 April 1901.

Hope this helps

RajahNZ

Just curious ... did RajahNZ give you the actual source of this information -- e.g. names of parents of William CRAIGIE ??

It is just that parents names were not recorded on New Zealand marriage records until 4th quarter of 1880.
 ???

Ohhhh, I didn't realise that, and no, he didn't provide the source.  I just assumed it was from the Marriages CD.

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:57 GMT (UK) »

RajahNZ - I hope you don't mind me asking, but could you (or someone else who has access to the CD's) please check the parents of the following marriages as well, all with the Craigie surname?  Trying to confirm if they are William's siblings or not.

Tikva ... just to clarify ... the CD which contains info on marriages (namely the NSZG Marriages CD - 1836-1956) is only an index ... it is basically the same as what you see online at NZ BDM (although there are also notations re: Marriage info held in NZSG collections and some other indexing features. )

Offline Lucy2

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 07:59 GMT (UK) »
I can eliminate one of the William CRAIGIE deaths for you ... back in a moment.