Author Topic: Charles Bellman & Elizabeth Rippon marriage  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Bellman & Elizabeth Rippon marriage
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 15 January 17 17:04 GMT (UK) »

there is a christening for 26 March 1773, Stoke Damerel, son of Charles and Grace.

Gives these details from the public tree

Charles Bellman 1737–1795
born abt 30 MAY 1737  St Just in Roseland, Cornwall
died 4 AUGUST 1795 ,Stoke, Devon

Grace Parcher 1742–1784
Born Bodmin, Cornwall, England
died 1784

married 22 August 1766 ,Stoke Damerel
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ayashi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William Wood, who was your mother??
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 15 January 17 17:33 GMT (UK) »
I didn't want to go too far back, especially as I know many of us enjoy the chase ourselves. It is worth noting, perhaps, that on the marriage you mention Charles is a plasterer and both are said to be of the parish, so one would have to locate the evidence that Charles was of St Just and Grace was of Bodmin other than simply finding christenings for those places.

As an aside, should Buzz's research end up in St Just in Roseland, the OPC for St Just and Gerrans has a rootsweb website with christenings, marriages and burials, just type "St Just in Roseland OPC" into Google and it will pop up.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 15 January 17 17:48 GMT (UK) »
I didn't want to go too far back, especially as I know many of us enjoy the chase ourselves.

Very true - I sent a PM to Buzz giving the name of the owner of the public tree if they wish to pursue
further as they have some pictures linked to John Hutchings Bellman  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 January 17 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Again thank you for all the additional information, and I will be looking up the sites that have been mentioned.

Buzz

Offline Tkirk

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 02 April 17 08:05 BST (UK) »
 hi buzz just wondering if maybe that is my ancestry site u were referred to re: Charles Hutchings Bellman and to let u know the main input was from a Bellman family tree my aunty betty did in about 1980 from her travels n research...hope it helps:)

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 03 April 17 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Tkirk,

Yes it was your tree that Ladyhawk referred me to it has a lot of information your aunt was a busy lady.

I am researching a cousins family history she is a great great granddaughter of Charles and Elizabeth through their son John Rippon Bellman born 1839.

My next task is to find the site that has photos of descendants of the brother of Charles, John Hutchings Bellman born 1811.

I understand that John and his wife Jane Knight arrived in Australia on 31/8/1838 and their son George was born the same year in Australia so Jane was pregnant on the long voyage.

All the best Buzz

Offline MalSky

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: John Hutchings Bellman b1811 d1870 (Melbourne Aust) married Jane Knight
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 01:01 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am a descendent of the above Bellmans.
I descend from John H & Jane bellman through their daughter Selina Jane Bellman born 8/2/1843 in Melbourne but registered with Sydney NSW. Selina married John Charles Bros (1834-1891). Selina died in Hobart Tasmania when visiting her daughter Pauline Drake and she is buried there. I descend from Selina and John Bros's son Oswald Septimus Bros (1863-1937) who was also a plasterer in Newcastle NSW Australia before moving with his wife Marguaret Henrietta Hennings to the upper Bellinger Valley about 1921 to 1928 where they became farmers of dairy, pigs & crops. They had 8 children, all born in Sydney before they left for Bellingen. One was Dorothy Maud Bros (1888-1974), my Great Grandmother. She married Sydney Gordon Sky. Their eldest Sydney Richardson Sky (1915-1989) is my grandfather. He married Lois Emily Wardill Wright and had 5 boys - jOhn Richard Sky os my father. He married Norma Warwick in 1963. They had 5 children - I am the oldest. I married Leonie Adele McDonald in 1991 and have 3 children - Patrick, Thomas and Andrew. I divorced Leonie in 2005 and remarried to Annette Jean Newman in 2017, although we have been together since 2006.

I have a DNA connection with other Bellmans who have the following tree - Alfred Bellman (1848-1929) then Francis Bellman (b St Mabyn Cornwall 1815, died Parramatta NSW 1886), then William Bellman (Lostwithiel Cornwall 1773 - died 1847), then Vincent Bellman (born 1743 St Just in Roseland Cornwall, dies 1794 Lostwithiel Cornwall), then Vincent Bellman (born Bodmin Cornwall 1704).  I want to know HOW these Bellman's fit into our family tree please? Anyone know and can share??

Would love to make contact with other family members,
regards
Malcolm Sky

Offline BUZZ

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 December 20 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for all the information you have provided.

If anyone can provide more facts or add to the Bellman ancestry listing please do so, any information would be most welcome.

Buzz