Author Topic: Palfreyman  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Moonstar36

• RootsChat Member
  • Yogi, 1986-2003 (His brother was Boo!)
    • View Profile
Re: Palfreyman
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:45 GMT (UK) »
I have Mary Pratt marrying George as above and then she marries Christopher Kemp 23 March 1859 in York. Father shown as Thoms Pratt. So fairly certain its same Mary
George married Mary in parish church of Stockton.She was resident in Huntingdon. He was a labourer. Not a metal smith or miner.
Children of George are my ancestor Henry William Palfreeman born 1851  CRB 23 /734
Henry is then shown along with his sister on 1861 census as being with his Uncle Thomas Scruton and Aunt Ann D Scruton which indicates born in  Stockton. I am not sure if Thomas is the relative or his Aunt Ann D.
Does that help?
Ross, McComas & Munro - Ross & Cromarty, Redshaw, Palfreeman, Robson & Marshall -Yorkshire, Broun/Brown & Mackenzie - West Lothian, Wood - Kent, Hartley- Lancs, Deacon - Northants

Offline Moonstar36

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:48 GMT (UK) »
aaaahhh!!!! fabulous....
and yes Ann was his sister born in 1855.....
Ross, McComas & Munro - Ross & Cromarty, Redshaw, Palfreeman, Robson & Marshall -Yorkshire, Broun/Brown & Mackenzie - West Lothian, Wood - Kent, Hartley- Lancs, Deacon - Northants

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:50 GMT (UK) »
have Mary Pratt marrying George as above and then she marries Christopher Kemp 23 March 1859 in York. Father shown as Thoms Pratt. So fairly certain its same Mary

Does the 1859 marriage cert for Christopher and Mary show her as a widow?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:51 GMT (UK) »
One would expect them to be in Stockton in 1851, if that is where Henry was born later that year and where they had married the year before.  But I just cant get the in 1851 at all.
With George dying before 1861 it is a real nuisance, as we have no idea where he was born - it could be anywhere in the world!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Moonstar36

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Ann born 18455, bap 1 oct 1855 in Stockton on forest

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Forget that question re: marriage cert.  Just found the entry on FS and her father was Thomas Pratt
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Moonstar36

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:54 GMT (UK) »
I know hes a real pain wasn't round long enough to get a hold of him!! we've been going round in circles...I did wonder if he had come from elsewhere and the nearest was Long Marston with so many Sarah's and James there. We don't think they came from elsewhere but I am not assuming that as I know what the word assume can do! :)

Offline Moonstar36

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:56 GMT (UK) »
I don't have a marr cert for her marriage to Christopher..only that same name father and her being Mary Palfreeman and other members of family on Kemp side seem to be adamant that she was a widow.

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 18:59 GMT (UK) »
I have just been through page by page the images of Stockton on the forest for 1851, and there is nothing there that could be them that I can see. The enumerator has quite neat writing compared with many, so misindexing not so likely anyway.
So - seems either they were there somewhere but got missed off the census, or they were somewhere else (and also got missed off the census, as we cant seem to get them!)

Have you got Henry's birth cert or baptism? Does it give any more detailed address other than Stockton on the forest?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk