Author Topic: Leicestershire Parish Records  (Read 3712 times)

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Leicestershire Parish Records
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 January 17 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Noticed there are loads of petcher family on and probably link into my tamworth ones! Noticed them yesterday.

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 22 January 17 06:44 GMT (UK) »

It is possible the vicar/curate made the mistake as you say.
There is a marriage (by Banns) of Henri Gibbins to Tomasine at the foot of the same page on October 28.
Possibly he remembered the name from the banns (jumping at straws here for a possible explanation)

Cheers
Guy
Thank you Guy. I shall re-check.

Always good to have another lot of eyes on it.

Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 22 January 17 07:06 GMT (UK) »
Annie.....

Does that mean you can find my William Simpkin's death between 1830 and 1841 now?!?!

Ha Ha Ha......

bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England

Offline Guy Etchells

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 22 January 17 08:05 GMT (UK) »

It is possible the vicar/curate made the mistake as you say.
There is a marriage (by Banns) of Henri Gibbins to Tomasine at the foot of the same page on October 28.
Possibly he remembered the name from the banns (jumping at straws here for a possible explanation)

Cheers
Guy
Thank you Guy. I shall re-check.

Always good to have another lot of eyes on it.

Not so much another set of eyes David but the result of a lifetime of searching in parish registers.
I got into the habit of checking many pages either side of the records I was seeking as family names often cropped up. In later marriages family members may appear as witnesses to unconnected people, possibly because they were at the church for their banns to be read etc.

Before we had the luxury of on line access to records researchers would browse through pages and pages of microfiche images or in earlier days the registers themselves to find a specific event, as we did with the census.
It is one of the drawbacks of the instant access on line provision that browsing records is seldom done these days.
For instance I was browsing a page that I had accessed yesterday and I came across the entry of a burial of a vagrant from Yorkshire who was travelling to London with a pass but had died and been buried in Lincolnshire.
It is these entries that give additional details that are the attraction of parish registers to me.

Cheers
Guy
http://anguline.co.uk/Framland/index.htm   The site that gives you facts not promises!
http://burial-inscriptions.co.uk Tombstones & Monumental Inscriptions.

As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.