Author Topic: ftDNA Family tree  (Read 681 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ftDNA Family tree
« on: Tuesday 17 January 17 19:29 GMT (UK) »
I would like to ask people who have tested witrh ftDNA if they have a tree on the ftDNA website. If they do have a tree on that website can they view it and have they used the Family Matching Tool that is used to divide your matches into those from paternal and those from maternal ancestors.

I am having two problems

1. I can not view my tree, all I get is a very narrow column down the middle of the screen which is no use at all
2. As I can not view my (or anyone else's) tree I can not use the Family Matching Tool to link people to my tree

(I have had a look at the forum on that site and whilst the problem is known they don't seem to be busting a gut to sort it out).
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Spike H

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: ftDNA Family tree
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 21:33 GMT (UK) »
I can get that thin band by pressing the control and + keys on my pc. I can then get rid of it by holding down control and pressing the - (minus) key several times and the band opens up, eventually to the width of the monitor.
UK: Lee, Swift
CON: Davey, Harding, Hocking, Rule, Whinnen
AUST: McIntosh

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ftDNA Family tree
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 January 17 22:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Thank you for that advice, it worked for me  :)

Much appreciated.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.