Author Topic: Ancestry question  (Read 1182 times)

Offline GeriK64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestry question
« on: Thursday 19 January 17 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Currently my tree is saved on Ancestry, if I purchase Rootsmagic latest download, will I be able to transfer my details from Ancestry to Rootsmagic?   :)

Offline mikechristopher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry question
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 January 17 13:18 GMT (UK) »
You can export your tree from ancestry as a GEDCOM and should be able to import it into RootsMagic.
Nolan, Cremins & O'Connor - County Kerry, Ireland.
Keogh - Queen's County (Laois)
Stack - Limerick & Clare

Offline GeriK64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 January 17 13:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mikechristopher,

That's great, thanks for your help.

Geri

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 12:42 BST (UK) »
Just asking, on a similar theme. Has the chance to convert my online Ancestry tree to a Gedcom now gone? I can see no way to do this on my account options.
I was hoping to put it onto my Family Historian programme. I suppose I have now missed the boat  :-[
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 12:58 BST (UK) »
Just asking, on a similar theme. Has the chance to convert my online Ancestry tree to a Gedcom now gone? I can see no way to do this on my account options.
I was hoping to put it onto my Family Historian programme. I suppose I have now missed the boat  :-[

You do it from Trees rather than from your account. Click on TREES and then at the bottom of the list is Create and Manage Trees. Click on that , find the tree you want and click Manage Tree. Then on the right you should see:
Manage your tree
Export your family tree data, as a GEDCOM file, to your computer.
EXPORT TREE
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 13:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you Groom, I have managed that ;D It is the first time I have actually kept a tree on Ancestry online. Thought I should have a copy before the ability to do so vanishes with the new updates.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Lisajb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 13:18 BST (UK) »
What new updates are they doing now, and when - is the ability to export a gedcom being removed?  ??? >:(
Mullingar, Westmeath Ireland: Gilligan/Wall/Meagher/Maher/Gray/O'Hara/Corroon (various spellings)
Bristol: Woodman/James/Derrick
Bristol/Somerset: Saunders/Wilmot
Gloucestershire:Woodman/Mathews/Tandy/Stinchcombe/Marten/Thompson
Wiltshire: Mathews
Carmarthen: Thomas, Lewis
Australia: Mary Lewis, transportee, married Henry Brown - what happened to her?

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 13:26 BST (UK) »
What new updates are they doing now, and when - is the ability to export a gedcom being removed?  ??? >:(

Not as far as I know. The only thing that is different is that if you use FTM it won't sync with your Ancestry tree unless you buy/update to FTM2017. Trees on Ancestry will stay the same.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 16:04 BST (UK) »
AAah but the way my brain works  ::)which can be a seriously scary thing :-[  I thought if I could no longer sync ( which I don't do anyway) I would no longer be able to download a Gedcom to FTM either is this not how it works ???