Author Topic: Cristchurch Baptism look up, please, c 1884  (Read 4196 times)

Offline junket

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Help appreciated (SIGHT IMPAIRMENT) with image
    • View Profile
Re: Cristchurch Baptism look up, please, c 1884
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 11 February 17 23:37 GMT (UK) »

Henry's sister Emma Lemon ( could possibly be Lemin ) married Philip Parsons JAQUET ( widower, a solicitor ), in 1851, Budock  ( father down as Philip Parsons  and Emma's father as William so presuming Surnames same as children ).

In 1851,
Household schedule number:

Piece:

Folio:

Page Number:

Philip' is with 5 children, ( one of which I am presuming is the Louisa of 1911, transcribed as Jacquet ).

Baptism of Georgiana Elizabeth Jaquet  daughter, has mother as  Georgiana Elizabeth Jaquet  and father Philip'

I have found the death for 1st wife on FreeBMD and 3 younger children.
I have also found 2nd wife Emma's death on FreeBMD so far.

No husband Philip , with them on census in 1881

institution, or vessel:

Piece:

Folio:

Page Number:

It's keeping me busy trying various variants for Jaquez.

I'm making progress at last ....

WHO'S WHO IN JAMAICA - 1916

Jaquet, Sydney. Born at Vevey, Switzerland 1/9/1861. Grandson of Col. Philip Jaquet, late of the St. George Militia, and youngest son of the late Philip Jaquet, Solicitor; formerly of London, but late of the parish of St. Mary; and Emma Lemon Jaquet, his second wife (nee) Glanon, youngest dtr of the late William Glanon of Greenbank, Falmouth, England, Esquire. Father died aged 84 in 1888. Mother died aged 93 at Broadstone, Dorset, in 1915. Married to Miss Mary E. Hale of Worcester, Mass., U.S.A. 1/2/1907. Educated at St. Servan College, France. Came to Jamaica in 1879; articled to his father 1880; admitted as Solicitor 6/1/1885 and practising law in Port Antonio ever since. Notary Public for the Island. Add: Richmond Hill, Port Antonio.
Paternal line, ALL CORNISH ...
AUGER, BALL, BRAY, BROAD, COLMAN, COON, EDE, GLASSON, HICKS, INCH, LEMIN, RUNNALLS, PEARCE, PRATER, PROUT, TRUDGIAN, TREVAINS, VIVIAN, WELLINGTON, YELLAND