Author Topic: Elusive Marriage of Arthur Foster and Hannah Maria Bristow, possibly Goole area.  (Read 2487 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Elusive Marriage of Arthur Foster and Hannah Maria Bristow, possibly Goole area.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi  :)

Many thanks Jay55 for the clip of the birth of Hannah Maria, it's very much appreciated.

Many thanks to you also Lee for the possible marriage of Hannah's parents and the names of there fathers.

The hunt continues to try to find, if indeed it exists, the marriage of Hannah Maria Bristow to William Foster.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Elusive Marriage of Arthur Foster and Hannah Maria Bristow, possibly Goole area.
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 January 17 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi, back again  ::)

My apologies, the previous post should have read:  "the marriage of Hannah Maria Bristow to Arthur Foster."

Anyway, I think after a bit of online research that Arthur Foster of Rawcliffe, as mentioned by Lee in reply number 5 is indeed the father of William, looking at Arthur's family he had several siblings, Walter, John, and Ann to name only a few.

Ann married Tom George Rhodes and they had a son named Cecil, Cecil died in March 1956 in Rawcliffe aged 47, there is a mention in a newspaper regarding the funeral of Cecil:

This mentions the funeral at Rawcliffe including Cecil's address of 29 Bell Lane, it also mentions various mourners including his widow, brothers and sisters in law, and Mr and Mrs W Foster, (Aunt and Uncle), this will undoubtedly be Ann Fosters brother Walter and his wife.

Now, it also mentions other mourners including "Mr and Mrs W Foster" this, I believe is the son of Arthur Foster, namely William Foster and my great aunt Ivy Harrison  :-\

I just thought I would update the thread with my opinion.

Frank
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline Jackie68

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My great grandmother was Hannah Bristow and her first child was adopted by the Fosters but rumoured to be his real father. They never married. She never married and she died in the workhouse when my nana was 11. My nana the youngest of her children is still alive.  She is a bit forgetful theses days though we all know the stories about great gran. She had a few children by different fathers, her oldest was the only one she didn’t keep