Author Topic: Is there an online electoral roll for Dublin c.1929 available?  (Read 2570 times)

Offline writer133

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an online electoral roll for Dublin c.1929 available?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 January 17 22:53 GMT (UK) »
If she was about 17 years old in 1929 then her birth should be online- have you tried looking at all the female Dohertys born in Dublin or Delgany in case you recognise any names of parents?

Have looked at all Elizabeths nationwide within the age range, but have no way of knowing if one is ours or not, as none of the mother's maiden names ring any bells for known surnames in the family tree. The only way I can confirm I've the right family is with an address match, but that's proved impossible.
I suspect that the family relationship is probably connected to my great-grandfather's mother's line, whose surname we don't know- hence the attempt to try to trace Eilish's line backwards. Unfortunately, none of the records for my great-grandfather Shannon's birth c.1854 (probably Dublin, but might be Kildare); his father's birth in 1822 (in Kildare and probably Athy) and subsequent marriage are available.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an online electoral roll for Dublin c.1929 available?
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 January 17 23:39 GMT (UK) »
Why not try using the 'more search options function' and just put in Doherty and the various possible mother's maiden names, don't get too caught up in the Elizabeth name, it could be her second name.