Author Topic: Confused! Twins died but burials 2 - 3 months later  (Read 2605 times)

Offline silaswall

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Confused! Twins died but burials 2 - 3 months later
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 22 January 17 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello B17 Fan. I am also descended from Hannah Spicer and Richard Garrett. Through Mary Garrett and Thomas Webb. I have not looked at this part of my tree for quite a while. Am now going to have another look in the next few days. If I find anything new do you want to exchange notes? 
Wills Isle of Wight
Webb Hampshire & South Berkshire
Edmund Webb 1828 - 1901

Offline B17_Fan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 22 January 17 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello B17 Fan. I am also descended from Hannah Spicer and Richard Garrett. Through Mary Garrett and Thomas Webb. I have not looked at this part of my tree for quite a while. Am now going to have another look in the next few days. If I find anything new do you want to exchange notes?

Hi. Oh yes that would be great. I too am descended through Mary and Thomas.
Any info you can give will be much appreciated because I'm really confused with who Hannah belongs to!
Steptoe  Morland  Morley  Ellis  Brewer  Seymour  Davis  Kempster  Cox  Jennings  Morgans  Edwards Powell Thatcher Brewer Withers Ferris Strode Kingston Goddard Heath Fishlake

Offline Kimbrey

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 22 January 17 12:04 GMT (UK) »
I have checked the HGS Baptism Index and can only find a baptism for one Hannah Spicer 30 June 1765 d Thomas & Elizabeth at Burghclere

and the Buriel Index has a Buriel for a Hannah Spicer 15 October 1765 at Burghclere - no other info given

Hannington did not have it's own Baptism Registers until 1771 so it is quite possible there was another Hannah.

Kim

Offline silaswall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 22 January 17 16:13 GMT (UK) »
I have had a quick look at my notes. Will do more later. Richard and Hannah lived in Hannington. All their children  being baptised there. Richard appears there on the 1841 Census.

GRO Index
Hannah Garrett died June qtr 1838 Kingsclere (registration district). Age 68.

HGS Burial Index
Hannah Garrett buried Hannington 22/6/1838. Age 68. Born 1770?
Richard was also buried there.

I think there was more than one Hannah Spicer.

Have Hannah Spicer bp 24/4/1769 Lambourn Berks. Parents Ayers and Mary. Plus the Hannah who was born and died 1765. I do not feel confident with this info to say who Hannah Garrett's parents were. Will have a hunt around!

On Richard and Hannah's marriage record the witnesses are Joseph Spicer and Sarah Palmer. Need to trace Joseph.

The Webbs did sometimes slip over the border to Berks. Perhaps the Spicers did the same.  Jacob Webb was kind enough to leave a Will detailing various family members!

Which of Thomas and Mary's children are you descended from? I have the embarrassment of being the 2xgrt grand daughter of Edmund ( the multiple bankrupt!).
Wills Isle of Wight
Edmund Webb 1828 - 1901

Offline B17_Fan

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 January 17 18:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I've not seen the 1941 census for richard yet. i will have a look later.

I obviously got Hannahs birth year from her death record. I thought it had to be the right death record, with it being in hannington.

Just wondering if i went to the records office and found hannah and richards marriage record, maybe it would give more information..her parents maybe?

never seen jacob webbs will. I haven't even got his name in amongst the webbs i have.
And I don't know anything about edmund being bankcrupt.

I am descended from his older brother, Dennis.

Sorry i don't have much more info to share, but i am only just finding out about the spicers and garretts.

Steptoe  Morland  Morley  Ellis  Brewer  Seymour  Davis  Kempster  Cox  Jennings  Morgans  Edwards Powell Thatcher Brewer Withers Ferris Strode Kingston Goddard Heath Fishlake

Offline silaswall

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 23 January 17 09:21 GMT (UK) »
That is ok.
Wills Isle of Wight
Edmund Webb 1828 - 1901