Author Topic: Ancestors of Samuel Logan Nicol  (Read 2661 times)

Offline Lodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors of Samuel Logan Nicol
« Reply #27 on: Monday 23 January 17 14:27 GMT (UK) »
A friend of mine is always called Nancy but her proper name is Frances.
Paterson, Torrance, Gilchrist - Hamilton Lanarkshire. 
McCallum - Oban, McKechnie - Ross of Mull Argyll.
Scrim - Perthshire. 
Liddell - Polmont,
Binnie - Muiravonside Stirlingshire.
Curran, McCafferty, Stevenson, McCue - Co Donegal
Gibbons, Weldon - Co Mayo.
Devlin - Co Tyrone.
Leonard - County Donegal & Glasgow.

Offline mnicol

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors of Samuel Logan Nicol
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 23 August 17 10:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave if you descend from John Nicol and Agnes/Annie Logan then there is a chance we're related. John was likely an older son of Andrew Nicol and Isabella Haggerty/Hegarty/Higgerly, and I descend from a younger son also named Andrew and wife Janet Caskie McConnell. Andrew the elder is the one buried in Cambunesthan Cemetery along with some other family members: Agnes Nicol, daughter of Samuel Logan is Samuel Logan Nicol’s mother, the stillborn baby girl Rafferty is the daughter of Samuel’s sister Isabella and husband Edward Rafferty, Margaret Galloway is the daughter of John’s older sister Margaret and (possibly 1st husband) Robert Galloway, Margaret Galloway aged 59 years is his older sister, and John Nicol aged 17 months is Samuel Logan’s older brother. All this is speculation for now, aside from Andrew the elder and Andrew the younger which are confirmed.

I've taken a DNA test have you? This would probably help us confirm our relationship. Please let me know if you would care to pursue further communication. Regards, Mark Nicol mnicol [at] nildram dot co dot uk