Author Topic: Gezina Elizabeth Botha b.c1827  (Read 2178 times)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
Re: Gezina Elizabeth Botha b.c1827
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 15:36 GMT (UK) »

Nothing on my tree, but will have to go through the paperwork of the original one that I received it was very detailed so not all went into my tree, just immediate line, but we do cross paths with the Botha's quite often, so here's hoping..... ;D ;D
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 20:18 GMT (UK) »
I got your PMs, 3sillydogs - thank you !! But I don't know how to reply to a PM - I couldn't see a reply button, so I clicked the send button, which may mean that I just sent you your own message !! Sorry about that - senility looms  :-\

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 21:40 GMT (UK) »

No worries. ;D ;D

It looks as if that site has vanished, asked my Nerd what the error message meant and he checked it out where ever it is these IT guys check out stuff and he said the site doesn't exist anymore. :-\

But tomorrow is another day..... ;D
Paylet, Pallatt, Morris (Russia, UK) Burke, Hillery, Page, Rumsey, Stevens, Tyne/Thynne(UK)  Landman, van Rooyen, Tyne, Stevens, Rumsey, Visagie, Nell (South Africa)

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 27 January 17 02:32 GMT (UK) »
Oh joy ! I found Gezina Elizabeth vRooyen's DN ! But ........ both her daughter's surnames are Botha in the Distribution Acc. So, sadly, it doesn't prove one way or the other whether her dau Gezina married a Botha or a Pretorius - although I'm pleased to see that there's no "Jacoba" in her daughter's name.

Oh well .... at least my persistent searching paid off  :)

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 27 January 17 07:51 GMT (UK) »

That's wonderful, where did you track it down to?  Despite all my looking I couldn't find it!!!

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 27 January 17 14:17 GMT (UK) »
It was filed under her 2nd husband's surname !! >:(

Offline Kinsy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 January 17 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Oh, sorry - just looked at it again, and it wasn't filed under his name - filed under her own surname. We must have just been using the wrong combinations of spellings in her first names  ;D

Offline 3sillydogs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Durban South Africa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 27 January 17 17:05 GMT (UK) »

I see it is also the historical spelling of van Rooyen, van Rooijen.  Trying to have a read of it, but have downloaded it so I can enlarge it properly and read the bottom bit that was hand written.  It mentions a grandson.

But that will have to be tomorrow project ...... ;) ;D