Author Topic: Joseph Trapnell and Mary??????  (Read 3313 times)

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Trapnell and Mary??????
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 11 February 17 11:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val

Im so glad that you are going to get in touch with Brian Austin as he is a fount of knowledge on the Trapnell's of Somerset & has traced them to most other counties as well.  I know that Brian can give you a lot of info & promise you it will be well worth a couple of stamp as his info will be free as he believes in sharing his findings with those keen enough to get in touch with him.  I will also be very interested to know how he helped you out.

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline Newbabe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 11 February 17 15:27 GMT (UK) »
I posted a letter, enclosing a s.a.e., to Brian today.  I will keep you posted on what he has to say.
Val

Offline Newbabe

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 19 February 17 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Well I have received a reply from Brian.  He starts by writing "There is an oddity over the Trapnell line you are asking about as it does not follow the behaviour of the older brothers of Joseph, all being sons of John and Catherine as you mentioned".  He lists a number a births and who did what etc. all of which I had already written out to try to make sense of the tree.  Brian states he has over 50 years of Trapnell info and like m e he can find no record of a Joseph and Mary marrying.
He also concludes that Charlotte born 1803 must be the daughter of Joseph and Martha.  Brian also states that Robert Trapnell (who with wife Joan Biffen) is Josephs grandfather/johns father and that Robert also went by the surname CHICKE.
So lots more to look up.
Thanks for all your help
Val

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 25 February 17 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Val

I was hoping that Brian would have been able to complete your look up for you but I can vouch that he has a tremendous amount of information on the name Trapnell & if he doesn't have the full information you can bet its not there to be found.  I do hope that he has pointed you in the right direction though

Good luck with your research

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin