Author Topic: Stewart Corrie Chambers & Dancey/Dancy family Bailieboro  (Read 1452 times)

Offline mindfulroz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Stewart Corrie Chambers & Dancey/Dancy family Bailieboro
« on: Monday 23 January 17 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Looking for the marriage record of Stewart/Stuart Corrie Chambers to Mary Dancey/Dancy (or Mary Jane Dancey) about 1839 ? in Bailieborough (Stewart Chambers lived in Baillieboro but not sure if Mary Dancey did).
Also looking for birth records of thier children, Walter Dancey/Dancy Chambers, William Dancey/Dancy Chambers & possibly others, probably in Ballieboro.
I'm trying to work out how this Chambers family links to my Dancey/Dancy family line in Co Cavan (earlier Danceys were also connected to the Corry/Corrie family of Monaghan)
thanks
Roz

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Stewart Corrie Chambers & Dancey/Dancy family Bailieboro
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 09:59 GMT (UK) »
According to online trees Stewart Chambers died 1874 Queensland, Australia and his wife Mary died 1885. Have you checked all possible Australian resources (death certificates, newspapers, etc.) for them & their children to find more details?

Trees list Walter Dancy (born 1841 Cavan) and another son, Alfred Henry (born 12 June 1850 Cavan) and died 1929 leaving property in England which went through probate.

Walter Dancy Chambers mentioned on another RC topic-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=720081.18

If a church record is found for the marriage of Stewart Chambers & Mary Dancy then it will most likely just show the date and their names.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline mindfulroz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stewart Corrie Chambers & Dancey/Dancy family Bailieboro
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for all the info & suggestions
There were several Stewart/Stuart Chambers. I've found on Irish Civil Registration  (& the Probate/Wills calendar, but not yet got the photocopy of the register entries)  the deaths of Stewart Chambers 1874 in Baillieboro & Mary Jane Chambers in 1885 in Baillie borough. I don't know about Australia, but I know that Walter Dancey Chambers married in Adelaide. May be the Australia citation for Stewart and Mary Jane was a memorial rather than place of death?

My main interest in this part of the Chambers clan is how they link to the Dancey's - with a child named Walter Dancey I'm wondering if they are linked to Walter Dancey, publican in Baillieboro, son of John & Margaret Dancey of Agnamullen in Co Monaghan. This Walter Dancey died 1846 & his brother was Dr Edward Dancey emigrated to Malahide/Aylmer Elgin, Ontario. And these Chambers also seem to link to part of the Cranston family, to whom part of my Dancey family also intermarried.

Roz