Author Topic: Alexander Davidson Adamson - why no death certificate?  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Davidson Adamson - why no death certificate?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Correct, Rosie! I did mean to put 1 Dec. - it was sealed 1 Nov (1916)with the seal of the office of the Commissariot of the County of Edinburgh (think that's where in typing I got my wires crossed - well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!).

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 19:43 GMT (UK) »
This may or may not be of any help (in case you've not seen it before):

1900 Census Laramie, Wyoming
Alexander D. Adamson, born April 1863, Scotland
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DC83-7L6?mode=g&i=11&cc=1325221
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 20:35 GMT (UK) »
Correct, Rosie! I did mean to put 1 Dec. - it was sealed 1 Nov (1916)with the seal of the office of the Commissariot of the County of Edinburgh (think that's where in typing I got my wires crossed - well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it!).

William

We all make mistakes I for one know that ;D

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 20:54 GMT (UK) »
If you've been researching this fellow, you most likely have read the information about an A D Adamson who lived in Wyoming (and according to one source, was "at that time one of the leading stockmen in Wyoming")?  Perhaps your Alexander and this A D Adamson were the same person?

[A small photo of a group of men can be found on the internet with A D Adamson standing in the back row; but you may have already seen it.  "Johnson County War"]
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Laramie County, Wyoming Naturalization Records
Abstract of Declaration of Intention
A. D. Adamson, birth date 1864
Origin place: Scotland
Arrival date and place: July 1882, Port Sarnia, Michigan
Civil date:  9 August 1890
Court: 1st District Court, Laramie County

Index to District Court Journal
10 October 1896
Alexander D. Adamson

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 22:08 GMT (UK) »
Is this of any help?
4 April 1903, Cheyenne Daily Leader
"$27,000 Deal"
Very briefly mentions that he was "recently married in New York city".
http://pluto.wyo.gov/awweb/main.jsp?flag=browse&smd=1&awdid=3

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 22:13 GMT (UK) »
12 December 1915 Wyoming Tribune
A. D. Adamson - a short article about his death, but no mention of his birthplace.
http://pluto.wyo.gov/awweb/main.jsp?flag=browse&smd=1&awdid=6

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 22:19 GMT (UK) »
There may possibly be more articles, if you haven't already checked this site:
http://newspapers.wyo.gov/

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 24 January 17 22:25 GMT (UK) »
That is fantastic, thank you, Lisa. Thanks also to William and Rosie for clarification.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.