Author Topic: Dewar, Fell and Kay  (Read 472 times)

Offline Gavin Wilson

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dewar, Fell and Kay
« on: Tuesday 24 January 17 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Currently I'm researching my Family on my Maternal Grandmother's side and some of my Grandfather's family. I've some information on names and years as follows ...
Dewar: came from Perthshire/Forfarshire/Dundee, 1800's moved to Glasgow around 1900. William Connell Dewar and Jeanie Sharp lived in Pollock, they had 5 children, Jeanie died age 1 (I recently discovered which non of my family knew about. Robert Kiddie Knight Dewar, John (Johnnie) Dewar, Elizabeth Dewar, William Connell Dewar (jnr).
Robert had 4-5 children from 2 marriages
Johnnie has 21 children from 1 marriage
Elizabeth had 4 children from her marriage to James Fell, and before marriage a son out of wedlock, I think is called James Dewar, born between 1930-33 ish.
(I am desperately trying to trace him for a number of years since I found out about him.) He was raised in Glasgow by his Grandparents.
Sharp - Renfrewshire
Fell - from Lanarkshire but some moved into Glasgow, Herbert (Herbertson) Fell had a Coffee Shop.
Kay - my partners family, they came from Glasgow 1800's to Leith then East Lothian.
I'm happy to share all my research, of which I am looking not only at the Family connections, but their residence, employment and any other interesting facts
Wilson's of Fife & the Lothians
Bruce's of Aberdeenshire
Fell's of Lanarkshire
Dewar's of Dundee & Glasgow
Kay's of Glasgow & Leith & East Lothian
Dickson/Blair/Golightly of East Lothian