Author Topic: Noble family Aberdeen to Kitchener Ontario 1920s  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Noble family Aberdeen to Kitchener Ontario 1920s
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 18:54 GMT (UK) »
I meant that it seemed unusual that the baby went to the father's family miles away from the mother? Sorry if wording unclear!
No, that's not uncommon either. Depends on the circumstances. Maybe the mother married someone who wasn't willing to take on the child. Or her parents were not able to look after it. Or maybe the father just wanted his child more than its mother did.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline DR Arathoon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 22 January 18 20:04 GMT (UK) »
I would be interested in any information on this family the and descendants of John Noble and Ellen Grotz and John Noble and Ivy Clarke.

Offline gypsyspirit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Margaret
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 10 February 18 05:59 GMT (UK) »
Just joining this thread as it came up in a search.  I have recently placed this Jonathon Noble in my tree.  It seems he had three wives/relationships that are recorded. My tree connects with his sister Elisabeth Noble, whose son James Noble Ross married my family member Helen Grant Butters (also known as Helen Mitchell), born Peterhead in my Butters family.  James and Helen married in Aberdeen and emigrated to South Africa.
Margaret
WELLS: London, Bedfordshire, Stawell (Australia)
HAWTHORN: Kettering England
BROWN: Ayrshire, London
HARRIS: London, Ballarat, Pitfield, Richmond (Australia)
REID: Ayrshire, Scotland, Stawell (Australia)
SELLAR: Aberdeen
BRUCE
FOSTER: Durham
McGOWAN: Ayrshire and Durham
JOHNSON: England and Australia
ILES: England and Australia
QUARRELL: Ballarat, Pitfield, Stawell, Creswick Australia
BUTTERS: Peterhead Aberdeenshire
KING: Aberdeenshire
BROWN: Manchester
CHASTON: Suffolk, Surrey
BROWN: Suffolk

Offline DR Arathoon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 10 February 18 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Margaret I'd be interested in the 3 names of wife and partners you have found and any information on the descsendance of Elizabeth. Thank you David

Offline NicD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 10 February 18 22:05 GMT (UK) »
David
I am in touch with Margaret via Ancestry, and yourself already. Also another descendant in Canada you have recently been in touch with I believe? Since starting this thread I have quite a bit more detail which I am preparing to send you and Kevin. A lot has been added on our Ancestry trees fairly recently. I should add that I was mistaken in the Birmingham connection for Jonathan Noble’s daughter with Isabella Walker Mitchell, they stayed in Aberdeen.
Best regards
Nicola
Logie, Lawrie, Davidson, Noble, Ross, Simpson, Fyffe, Moon, Setton/Seaton, Brough

Offline DR Arathoon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 10 February 18 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Nicola. As long as you're aware of what's what I shall await your news. No rush.  David.