Author Topic: Flynn McNamara to Australia  (Read 487 times)

Offline ladymavis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Flynn McNamara to Australia
« on: Friday 27 January 17 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi - this is my first post.  I am looking for any information on these two families; rumored to be related in Ireland. Any help or hints gratefully received!  Sue

I am hoping for help with my husband's Laois ancestors- have hit a brick wall. Siblings John Flynn b~1809, Catherine Flynn, b~1819 all came to Australia with mother Mary McNamara? Flynn b~1770 on the North Briton arriving 14/12/1839. Siblings Margaret Flynn b~1824, Bridget Flynn may have come earlier 1833?. Father John Flynn was dec. ll the details came from their ships' papers: John Flynn (Kildare?, Queens), mother Mary McNamara Flynn (Maryborough, Queens. p: Thomas McNamara and Margaret Hutchinson).

They are supposedly cousins with Thomas McNamara (Co Galway, b ~1814), son of Patrick McNamara and Ann Hough, arrived 1830s. Thomas McNamara from (Glencoe, Galway).

Thanks!
Australia: Kelly, Flynn, McNamara, White, Higginbottom, Miller (Moller-Danish), Dunshea
USA: Olson (Danish), Larson (Swedish), Ongstad (Norwegian), Stockert/Bast (German via Ukraine)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Flynn McNamara to Australia
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 February 17 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.