Author Topic: Re: McGlynn Family  (Read 997 times)

Offline MCGLYNN dar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McGlynn Family
« on: Friday 09 September 16 19:09 BST (UK) »
I am a McGlynn living in Montreal, Quebec Canada and I have traced my family to my great great grandfather, Henry George McGlynn, born in 1857 or close to that, he immigrated about 1876 but I can not find anything else about his family. I am sure they are from Ireland as he states that in a census from Canada back then.

Does anyone have info on this family tree?

Darlene

Offline MCGLYNN dar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Re: McGlynn Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 January 17 15:47 GMT (UK) »
My family is McGlynn, I hope someone can help me. I can only trace back to my GGgrandfather and would like more info.
GGGRANDFATHER: HENRY GEORGE MCGLYNN born 1857, according to census in Canada he immigrated from Ireland in 1878. His wife was MATILDA YOUNG born abt. 1855.
GGRANDFATHER: HENRY JOSEPH MCGLYNN born 1880 in Montreal, Quebec His wife Minnie M. Thompson, born 1880.
GRANDFATHER: HENRY ARTHUR MCGLYNN, born 1909 in Montreal, Quebec. His wife was FLORENCE FREIDA WILLIAMS.
MY FATHER: JOHN BARTON MCGLYNN, born 1939 in Montreal, Quebec.

That's all I have on the McGlynn side aside from their brothers and sisters. Nothing on where HENRY GEORGE MCGLYNN was born or his parents or any info besides that.

Any help would be great.
Dar

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 January 17 18:47 GMT (UK) »
As Henry and Matilda married in Québec (Saint-John Evangelist Anglican Church (Montréal)) in 1876, immigration would have had to have been that year or earlier. Are there no further clues in their marriage record?
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 27 January 17 19:48 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately, those marriage entries in the church records are pretty slim for information and there is no civil equivalent in Quebec. The witnesses were named Harris and McDonald.

Henry George died 30 September 1926, aged 72, the widower of Matilda.