Author Topic: Cropredy Oxfordshire PR look up please  (Read 4035 times)

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cropredy Oxfordshire PR look up please
« on: Monday 30 January 17 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
I'm looking for any mention of the HAMES family in Cropredy please? Have a possible bap of Catherine HAMES in 1613 but wondering if there are any Catherine HAMES a bit earlier or marriage of her parents? Don't know if the PRs are available.

Thank you
Meegan

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Cropredy Oxfordshire PR look up please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 January 17 01:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Meegan
I have had a look at the parish records for Cropredy (available at Oxfordshire Family History Society) and haven't come across any records for Hames in them. I checked for Ames and there are a couple of entries for Hamer, Hams, Hands/Handes or even Haynes.
I will have a look at a couple of other parishes in the area in the next couple of days.
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Boag, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Fursse, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Putland, Rudge, Strickson, Vine, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn, Wiltshire, Youthed and many more

Offline Jackiemh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 January 17 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Meegan
I have just had a look at findmypast and they have a Catheren Hames baptised 14/2/1613 at Banbury, Oxfordshire, father Zachary Hames.
There is also an entry for the baptism of Zachary Hames, 23/10/1614 also at Banbury, father Zachary Hames. Mothers are not listed.
Jackie
Bateman, Baylis, Bellotti, Boag, Bower (Stillgebauer), Cattermole, Chester, Dullage, Felix, French, Fursse, Garrett, Gilbert, Harding, Haynes, Hazelwood, Plume, Putland, Rudge, Strickson, Vine, Warren, Whitehead, Whitehorn, Wiltshire, Youthed and many more

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 17 01:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Jackie, that is what I thought. Think that is too early for the one I'm looking for
Cheers
Meegan

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 January 17 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Oxfordshire PRs, including Cropredy, are available on Ancestry with images.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 January 17 15:44 GMT (UK) »
What year of birth or baptism are you looking for, if 1613 is not the right one.  Do you have her age at death/burial. ?
Who did she marry, and when.?   Could HAMES be HAINES.

No Hames marriages in the OxFHS marriage index for Hames, in your timeframe.

Except for Edward Hames in 1645 @ Banbury, and John Hames in 1637 @ Banbury.

There are, however, 2 marriages for Zachory HAMS, 1632 & 1640, both @ Banbury.

There are other HAMS marriages in the index, but only one more in the time frame of 1613.  That is for John HAMS, 1608 @ Steeple Aston.

There are 16 or so, HAM marriages in the index, but not in your time frame.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 January 17 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Steve and Carol. On further questioning it seems 1613 for bapt. is incorrect. She m. to Richard Gostelow (various sp) with first child bn. 1629 but have no date for their m. Possibly in London so might have to chase that in FreeReg perhaps
This Richard's father, also Richard, m. a 2nd time to a Kateren HAWES which has confused us all

But might have to bite the bullet and sign up to one of the websites.
Thanks for looking at the PRs, Steve. Zachory is a name mentioned for this Catherine's father but the dates of m. don't fit either.
Guess we are lucky we can trace this far back - you wouldn't believe the sp for Gostelow and how many Richards there are!
Cheers
Meegan

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 January 17 22:59 GMT (UK) »
I've checked the marriage index for surnames beginning with Gost, Gast...... & Cost, Cast......, and found nothing near Gostello/Costello. ???

Where was Richard born/baptised.?

May I ask where you got your information from.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve
Thanks for taking an interest. I have the OFHS Cropredy CD and Richard m. is 1613 but sp GORSTELOW, believe me there are so many ways we have seen the names spelt! But that is the Richard who is the father of the Richard and HAMES I'm interested in.

The Richard who m. 1613 was a 2nd m., his first was to my ancestor Ann HOLWAY (again, numerous sp of that name) and they were m. in London so there is always a possibility his son was?
Jackie said she had a Catherine HAMES bapt in Banbury 1612/13 which makes her young, 16 or 17, but not too young for 1st child

Will keep looking in FreeReg - any other suggestions? Open to anything!
Thanks a lot
Meegan