Author Topic: Cropredy Oxfordshire PR look up please  (Read 4037 times)

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cropredy Oxfordshire PR look up please
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 02 February 17 05:08 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again, Jackie, you are a gem
Cheers
Meegan

Offline serafina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 02 August 18 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Meeganf, Have just come across your search for Katharine Hawes married to Richard Gostelow. Richard is my 10x great grandfather and Katharine was his second wife who according to British History of Oxon volume 10 married (he was a widower) Katharine Hawes, a widow of a London haberdasher in 1613. This may be why you cannot find a baptism for the name Hawes. Hope this is helpful and if you do find her marriage to Mr Hawes and subsequently her baptism, I would be grateful to know myself. Best wishes Serafina.

Offline meeganf

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 August 18 04:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Serafina
Thanks for replying.
That Richard (oh, how I wish they'd been resourceful and changed the names occasionally!) is my 9th great grandfather.
 I have found the following about Katherine On IGI, LDS has name as Katheryn Hawes and christening 23 Sep 1604 in Banbury, Oxford. Father as Roberte Hawes
(unsure about the reference about giving him hell came from though!) As my ancestor was from Richard's first marriage to Ann Holway so I haven't followed up much on Katherine. You'll be able to see some of the responses I had on this discussion which might be helpful to you. You will have seen references to Richard if you've seen that Vol 10.

We think that we have been able to follow back to Richard's father, Richard bn ?, m 1566 to Joyce Knocker and then Richard's father, William (To Oxford BA 27 Jun 1513/1514 under Gostlowe/Gostawall/Gorstelow/Gosstlow)

Is that helpful to you?
Cheers
Meegan