Author Topic: LOOKUP DEATH REG. PLEASE  (Read 2375 times)

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LOOKUP DEATH REG. PLEASE
« on: Monday 30 January 17 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Can you please help by providing me a GRO/PRONI number for the death of Annie A Garrity as I haven’t located her on any of my searches. 
Annie A Brennan was born in Trillick, Tyrone 24 Dec 1895.  (parents Hugh and Anne).
Annie married Charles Garrity in Kilskeery, Tyrone 15 Nov 1920, registration Irvinestown,

The 1939 register has Charles living at 10 Clare Street, Manchester but no mention of Annie.  Charles died in Manchester 1977.
(PS.  Annie Garrity, death in Dromore 1939 is the mother of Charles, aged 73).
I don't know if she passed prior to his move to Manchester but I can't locate a record there either.

Would appreciate your input thanks.
PippaR

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: LOOKUP DEATH REG. PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 January 17 09:38 GMT (UK) »
If she died in Northern Ireland then GRONI is the place to search- sounds like you've used their online database? if not-
https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/

Have you checked English deaths after 1939 in case she and Charles were living separately?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 January 17 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, yes I've checked nidirect and also the free bmd uk, ancestry, rootsireland and can't find her anywhere.    There are some with similar names, but the ages are way out and my skill level doesn't extend beyond that so I simply don't know how to resolve it.  I considered a remarriage, but not sure how to go about that other than the obvious ancestry searches. 
Anyhow, I appreciate your input.
Cheers, PippaR

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 17 10:37 GMT (UK) »
The Charles at 10 Clare Road seems to be there with a wife, Bridget. Are you certain he is 'your' Charles?

Just checked again, and Bridget may be the wife of the other adult , Hugh. Either way, Charles is indexed as married. Perhaps his wife was elsewhere (eg hospital). But then again, if you view original, it looks like W rather than M, so perhaps widowed after all.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 January 17 20:01 GMT (UK) »
Re the register, this is definitely the right person.  Hugh is his brother and married to a Beatrice Eccles at his own place of abode.  Until yesterday I assumed the child (John Charles who died in 1964) belonged to Charles but I'll need to confirm that in case he belonged to Bridget.  Can't find a birth for him with mother (Brennan) on the bmduk site.  I don't know who Bridget is.  She's not a sibling, or sister in law.  Can't locate a marriage to Charles.  I was hoping a death cert for Annie might solve it all but ????????? .....  PS.  this is driving me closer to madness than I am already.
Thanks for your time,
PippaR

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 January 17 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Have you considered the Annie Garrety death in Irvinestown on 5th May 1930? Aged 34, so a good, potential fit.

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 January 17 22:04 GMT (UK) »
No I hadn't come across that, but I'll certainly check follow that through.... a ray of sunshine, thanks heaps.
PippaR

Offline PippaR

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 January 17 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that's her alright, died in Trillick with husband Charles present. 
Thank you all so very much.  Well done.
PippaR

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Another piece for the jigsaw! Good to hear.

Have you considered that 'Bridget' in the 1939, may actually have been 'Beatrice' (perhaps person capturing the info misheard her name), or are you aware of Beatrice elsewhere? The record seems to have been re-numbered from original written order, to show her as '2', between Hugh and the blanked out child. Or, could Beatrice have already died (no obvious death entry though), or have just left, and Bridget be a 'second wife'? 

John C(harles) Garrity , born Dec 1933, is re-numbered as '4', so immediately after Hugh, Beatrice and blanked out child . I can see a John C Garrity birth entry in the 1st quarter of 1934, with mother's maiden name 'Plunkett', but not seeing a corresponding marriage so far.  There is another male child born 1932 to same parents. Both Stockport district, which nowadays is Greater Manchester area. You said John Charles Garrity died in 1964, so his death certificate might provide some answers.

I also notice 6 Births to Garrity/Eccles parents in Bolton district between 1927 and 1937. As Hugh and Beatrice married in Bolton district in 1928 and I can't see another Garrity/Eccles marriage in area for same timescale, were these their children? Where are they in 1939 (I can see two possible infant deaths for the two given same first name)?