Author Topic: GOSS FAMILY SWANSEA -GLAMORGANSHIRE.h  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
GOSS FAMILY SWANSEA -GLAMORGANSHIRE.h
« on: Monday 30 January 17 05:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello , I have made many a research come so far as the good of it all. I find Rootschat team are very patient toward me thank you. I have found many relations from  my Goss and Jenkins tree from early 1800's until now.. strange as this may sound I seem to be stuck on this one in[ Ivory Goss of LLangyfelach born in1924] he seems to be a Twin. and he had three brothers.I do not know their names though! He moved to St Thomas Swansea sometime after the war. His wife was possibly surnamed JONES? But she was from Penllegaer.she could have been born it seems like  about1934?Could you please help me as I have looked on many sites, best wishes, Diane.

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: GOSS FAMILY SWANSEA -GLAMORGANSHIRE.h
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 January 17 06:29 GMT (UK) »
Did you mean Ivor J rather  than Ivory?   There is  family tree on Ivor John of the same age with a twin on Anc.   It appears he died in 2014 and this is  a link on Anc. to a  related family announcement but many  of the people mentioned will still be alive including his wife so we can't mention them on this site http://www.family-announcements.co.uk/southwales/view/3544791/goss

Kay

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 January 17 06:48 GMT (UK) »
Did you mean Ivor J rather  than Ivory?   There is  family tree on Ivor John of the same age with a twin on Anc.   It appears he died in 2014 and this is  a link on Anc. to a  related family announcement but many  of the people mentioned will still be alive including his wife so we can't mention them on this site http://www.family-announcements.co.uk/southwales/view/3544791/goss

Kay
Yes Kay many thanks to you; I was looking in Ivory but I did think that he meant IVOR I am in touch with a friend from Wales, so I think he may have made a misprint by accident as he was just having a quick tea break many thanks from Diane now in oz.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 January 17 07:38 GMT (UK) »

Kay

Kay thank you  again Kay I have now found it very helpful! from Diane

Online Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 January 17 07:40 GMT (UK) »
Good luck   Kay

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 January 17 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Good luck   Kay
Hi again Kay, I won't keep bothering you after this, but i thank you for your help today already. I found that my ANN GOSS who married Henry Gapper had a daughter[my Grandmother who was born about 1877 she was' MARY  CATHERINE GAPPER' from Landore Swansea. I have been trying to find her since we last messaged..could you see what her siblings names are please? I did have them in my files, but no longer seem to be able to find them Mary Catherine Gapper borned three children William[my dad] and his two brothers Earnest and Frederick.. Hopefully you will be better at this me. Just really needing  Mary Gappers siblings I cannot remember them all. best wishes, sorry to approach so soon. regards Diane.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 January 17 13:23 GMT (UK) »
It is possible to find siblings using the new GRO index which gives mothers maiden name

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/indexes_search.asp

You can search Male / Female putting in Gapper mmn Goss.  This should also pick up any children that may not have lived long enough to appear on census

ADDED  Mary Catherines birth registration shows on there but mmn is slightly out  ;)

GAPPER, MARY  CATHERINE     mmn GOOS     
1877  Sept Quarter in SWANSEA  Volume 11A  Page 644
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 January 17 13:36 GMT (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 January 17 22:36 GMT (UK) »