Author Topic: Arthur Short Warwick 1940s  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Benody1921

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Short Warwick 1940s
« Reply #18 on: Monday 30 January 17 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I think ordering the marriage certificate is the best way to figure out a closer birth year, father's name, and occupation.

I've looked at the Arthur Short in Grantham MMN Pearson. I've used the MMN and the same District and found two possible siblings: Charles Edward b. 1898 and Roseline May b. 1901
Stuart (India, Antrim, Armagh)
Whiting (Bedfordshire)
Dunn/Taylor (Worcestershire)
Pearson (Worcestershire)
Hill/Rhodes (Worcestershire)
Gough (Warwickshire)
Perry (Devon, Worcestershire)
Maynard (Essex, Yorkshire)
Jennings (Devon)
Coldicott (Warwickshire, Gloucestershire)

Offline carol02

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 02 February 17 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Did Arthur have a middle name?
There is a baptism for Arthur Frank Short 3 May 1901, Kenilworth, Warwickshire
                                Father  Walter Short
                                Mother  Kate Short

Offline Benody1921

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 06 February 17 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol02,

We aren't sure about his middle name but we have seen record for Arthur Frank Short. My cousin has a book with his obituary in it. The wife doesn't match up to what we have for him.

I think they'll just have to get the marriage certificate for Arthur Short and Kitty Taylor in order to get more definite answers.
Whiting (Bedfordshire)
Pearson (Worcestershire)
Gough (Warwickshire)
Jennings (Devon)

Offline Benody1921

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 27 February 17 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

This is the information on the marriage certificate between Arthur Short and Kitty Taylor:

Married: 25 July 1925.
Arthur, aged 22, was a farm waggoner, 19 Picketts Court, Swan Street, Warwick
Father: William Henry Short, a groom (non domestic).
Kitty, aged 25, was not employed; 36 Lower Cape, Warwick
Father: Reuben Taylor, an engineers fitter.  Arthur was living at 19 Picketts Court, Swan St, Warwick and Kitty at 36 Lower Cape, Warwick.
Witnesses: Eugene Maggie Dunn (my great grandmother) and someone named R Wilkins?

As far as I can tell from a Census (I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say and not say), William Henry  Short was born about 1872 in Coventry. He lived at The Hut in Tarrington, Herefordshire with his wife, Fanny, born about 1877 in Coventry, and three children, Gladys (b. 1900), Arthur (b. 1905) and William (b. 1910). All children were born in Coventry except for the youngest, who was born in Tarrington, Herefordshire. The Census says that Fanny and William had completed about 7 years of marriage. I cannot find a birth record for any of the children.
Whiting (Bedfordshire)
Pearson (Worcestershire)
Gough (Warwickshire)
Jennings (Devon)

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 27 February 17 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

As far as I can tell from a Census (I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say and not say), William Henry  Short was born about 1872 in Coventry. He lived at The Hut in Tarrington, Herefordshire with his wife, Fanny, born about 1877 in Coventry, and three children, Gladys (b. 1900), Arthur (b. 1905) and William (b. 1910). All children were born in Coventry except for the youngest, who was born in Tarrington, Herefordshire. The Census says that Fanny and William had completed about 7 years of marriage. I cannot find a birth record for any of the children.

If you've done the look ups then you can tell us anything that you've found,we are just not allowed to do look ups for anyone else(in the terms of our subscription) of the 1911 census or 1939 register.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Benody1921

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 27 February 17 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

If you've done the look ups then you can tell us anything that you've found,we are just not allowed to do look ups for anyone else(in the terms of our subscription) of the 1911 census or 1939 register.

Okay that's good to know; thanks!
Whiting (Bedfordshire)
Pearson (Worcestershire)
Gough (Warwickshire)
Jennings (Devon)