Author Topic: Guernsey Cholera Burial Ground  (Read 581 times)

Offline letthemeatcakes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Guernsey Cholera Burial Ground
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 April 17 18:51 BST (UK) »
Sorry the 1849 link just takes me to the same list and I can't find any other list.

I did find that official record keeping at the Greffe (Government Offices/Town Hall) didn't start until some time in 1840.  I am having problems with my own tree and don't seem to be able to go beyond that point with any Guernsey relatives.  There's a few newspaper cuttings and sometimes you can find death announcements, but before then I don't think there was any official record keeping. 

Good luck with your searching.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline margaret103

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Guernsey Cholera Burial Ground
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 11:05 BST (UK) »
Letthemeatcakes,

Thanks for the info. I will have to go to the Greffe and ask to look through their archives. IF they will let me make a search - probably not, knowing them! No harm in asking though!

Kind regards,

Margaret

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.