Author Topic: Fundraising memoir - Never Say Di  (Read 930 times)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Fundraising memoir - Never Say Di
« on: Monday 30 January 17 19:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello everyone - I've popped back to share the memoir I was privileged to help write recently. My client wanted to record the highlights of a life well lived - and what a rollercoaster it has been! It will appeal especially to Rootschatters, who are used to discovering and recording the extraordinary lives of ordinary people.

Never Say Di is the true story of a girl who was bewildered by the world of adults, where she was left to her own devices and received little in the way of love. Fast forward to adulthood and Di Lofting became a pioneering nurse, had adventures on four continents and found love and friendship that surrounded her, reflecting the care she had for others.

'A tale of childhood hardship, lifelong friendships, adventures on a Vespa, lashings of G&T and even being recruited as a spy for the drug squad.'

Never Say Di has received fantastic 5-star reviews, such as
'I laughed, I cried: you've captured Di perfectly!'
and
'Don't read this book unless you want to fall in love with Di.'
Fair warning - she was a wonderful woman - as witness the hundreds of people who attended her funeral last week. For Di - a dyslexic - wanted her book written under the shadow of cancer, to inspire and give courage to others.

Funds raised by the e-book and softcover ALL go to Dorothy House Hospice in Bath, which supported Di in her final weeks. So far we've raised over £400 but it would be great to improve on this and enable the hospice to provide services for many more patients.

Amazon e-book: http://amzn.to/2ifvGCZ

Softcover: http://www.blurb.co.uk/b/7519140-never-say-di

Grab yourself a copy and have a jolly good read!

(Ask me about your ghostwriting memoir or proofreading and copy editing services - www.suekelsoryan.co.uk )

Thanks for reading this :)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)