Author Topic: Counselletta Smith  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Counselletta Smith
« Reply #18 on: Monday 27 February 17 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Followed this thread with interest and that does look a good find Kevin ;D

Their location at the time of the baptism is listed as Van - the Arches, Cabut??  Road with Gurley's Yard being crossed out   Charles was a labourer and I think there is a typo with birth year which is 1892.

Kay

Added extract of the names

Offline Kevin61

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 27 February 17 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Ooops - my typo transferring info. Sorry
Brazil, Smith - Surrey

Offline Kayleigh1996

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 04 May 20 21:00 BST (UK) »
my great grandmother was born Conceletta Scarrott in 1863 but she also went under the name of Smith which was her mothers maiden name and Brinkley her husbands name. Her daughter, my grandmother was also called Ocean born 1882 likeone of your Counseys children. Gt granny Counseys name was also spelt Counseyletty, counseyhetty, counsey.....

Hi,

Please get in touch, I believe we are related down the line somewhere.
You say your great grandmother is counceletta scarrott, this is also my fathers great grandmother. Ocean scarrott your grandmother was my grandads auntie.

Kind regards,

Kayleigh

Offline Leggetp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 May 20 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hello!

I’m not sure how old this post is but I’m trying to do my family tree. My mother is Counseletta (*) 1958, her mother was Counseletta Smith 1939, her mother was Counseletta Cooper 1915, her mother was Ocean Scarrott 1883, her mother Councileta Scarrott 1863 and her mother was Rhoda Smith 1846. All their surnames being their maiden name. Are any of these Counseys related to the one/ones on this thread?? Any help would be very much appreciated.

With regards to the beginning of this post my Grandmother Counsey Smith married a Roy not Henry but my Grandfather Roy’s dad was called Henry!

Thanks,
Pamela.

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 09:09 BST (UK) »
Your grandmother Counsey Smith born 1939 who married Roy Gudgeon was my 1st cousin. Your gt grandmother Counsey Cooper was my mum Betsys sister. :) xx Betty Golding

Offline Leggetp

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 03 June 20 16:52 BST (UK) »
Oh wow your the first person I’ve found, thank you so much for replying! I was actually showing my mother how far I’d gotten in doing the family tree and she was saying how she remembered your mum, she actually went to her funeral in 2007 as she remembered they had to go over the Dartford Bridge as they were travelling from Essex. I’ve actually found a webpage about your mum on Romany Genes with pictures including my great grandmother Counseletta Cooper, was that you who put them on there as I’d love to know who they are.

I would of messaged you personally but I’ve not made enough posts to message people to their inbox! x