Author Topic: Thomas WATSON, Falkirk  (Read 985 times)

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My G Grandfather - Robert Johnstone Moffat
    • View Profile
Thomas WATSON, Falkirk
« on: Thursday 02 February 17 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Would like any information on Thomas WATSON b. 1868 Falkirk

He married a Mary FLEMING 1897 - Falkirk. His mother was  Mary WATSON and says on his marriage certificate she now married a William Simpson.

cupcake
Moffat- Mein - Titterington - Kidman

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas WATSON, Falkirk
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 February 17 13:07 GMT (UK) »
Familysearch shows he was Thomas Laird Watson b.20/7/1867 Falkirk, illegitimate son of Mary Watson.

Mary Watson 24 married William Simpson 19 7/7/1870 Falkirk - her parents are given as Hugh Watson, Nailer, and Elizabeth nee Drummond - they married 27/7/1827 Larbert, Stirlingshire.

I can't see Mary's own baptism (bc.1846) but those of some of her siblings are on familysearch. 
Her parents Hugh Watson and Elizabeth Drummond married 29/7/1827 Larbert, Stirlingshire.

Census shows Hugh bc.1803 Edinburgh and Elizabeth bc.1805 Larbert.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My G Grandfather - Robert Johnstone Moffat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas WATSON, Falkirk
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 02 February 17 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Familysearch shows he was Thomas Laird Watson b.20/7/1867 Falkirk, illegitimate son of Mary Watson.

Mary Watson 24 married William Simpson 19 7/7/1870 Falkirk - her parents are given as Hugh Watson, Nailer, and Elizabeth nee Drummond - they married 27/7/1827 Larbert, Stirlingshire.

I can't see Mary's own baptism (bc.1846) but those of some of her siblings are on familysearch. 
Her parents Hugh Watson and Elizabeth Drummond married 29/7/1827 Larbert, Stirlingshire.

Census shows Hugh bc.1803 Edinburgh and Elizabeth bc.1805 Larbert.

Annette

Thank you very much for this information which has helped my research. Did think Thomas was the illegitimate son of Mary.

cupcake
Moffat- Mein - Titterington - Kidman