Author Topic: Gull Family of Essex  (Read 2434 times)

Offline SSlh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Gull Family of Essex
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 04 February 17 04:46 GMT (UK) »
To each of you , please accept my gratitude for your contributions in making the "picture" of my family so much clearer and beginning to come together. I am so grateful to you. I will now see if Paul Gull, son of John Gull and Sarah Hempson ( baptised on the 12th of January 1837) had issue.
So many didn't have children or lost them.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 February 17 09:19 GMT (UK) »
This looks like Paul Gull in the 1861 census Piece 208 Folio 87 page 13 Civil Parish St Luke Middlesex
Paul Gull age 24 born 1837 Beaumont Essex occupation assistant to a draper ..Head of the house is a William Newson ...several other workers there ...
www.findagrave.com Paul Gull St Michael Church Yard Thorpe -Le-Stoken Essex 1869 same place as Emma W Gull ...Few more family members in this cemetery
Rosie

Offline kjthistory

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 23 July 17 17:17 BST (UK) »
...John Gull died 7 February 1888 ... Probate date 14 March 1888 ... Ralph Tremills of Southchurch in the county of Essex gentleman and Ellen Sophia Shelver of Ipswich spinster the executors £2,394,18s 8d
Rosie

Does anyone have any idea why Ellen Sophia Shelver was one of the Executors of John Gull's will? Does the will explain who she is at all?

If anyone is interested in Ellen Sophia Shelver for herself, I have pulled together a certain amount of information on her life which I'm happy to share.