Author Topic: unable to find grandfather x4  (Read 596 times)

Offline patvp1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
unable to find grandfather x4
« on: Saturday 04 February 17 01:04 GMT (UK) »
Bernard Riley born approx 1791/1794 born anywhere in Ireland ::) ::) married a Mary ?? lord knows where, died in West Yorkshire, occupation Flax Weaver.
Any help please, have been looking for years  :'( and not doing any good anywhere.
Hall (Dunblane) Robertson (Clackmannanshire) Sneddon (Clackmannan) Cramb (Perthshire) Marshall (Clackmmannan) Michie (Clackmannan) Stewart (Perthshire) Ferguson (Perthshire) McKay (Perthshire) McLaren (Perthshire) Moir (Perthshire)
West Yorkshire - Allott, Riley, Charlesworth, Barker, Harper, Rubery, Darlison, Vaughan.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: unable to find grandfather x4
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 February 17 08:47 GMT (UK) »
No need to start a new topic- here's your earlier one-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=718740

and the one before that-
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=680991
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 February 17 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Ardesley came under the Registration District of Ecclesfield from 1837 until 1850.

So maybe this is Michael's birth registration - taken from the new GRO Index Search, which gives Mother's Maiden Names ;D

RIELLY, MICHAEL        Mother's Maiden Name: WATKIN      
GRO Reference: 1839  Sept Quarter in ECCLESFIELD  Volume 22  Page 157
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 04 February 17 12:13 GMT (UK) »
It was mentioned a few times back in 2014 on the original (?) thread that the birth certificate will list mother's maiden name but
Hi All - And thank you for your patience, have just re-read all the information as this has been on my back burner for a while. What I have realized is that I can find no records of births for any of the children of Bernard and Mary (pls discount the name Bowen for Mary, this has appeared on other trees and cannot be substantiated) It is possible that they did not bother to register the births of any of the children ?? all the info that I have came from the Cencus's (Censi- lol)
Will do as suggested and see if I can find any info on Catholic church records at Worsborough and Barnsley and will also check Wentworth Family Archives...am keeping my fingers crossed.
Regards Patvp

Children born before the start of civil registration will not have birth certificates- in England the date was 1837. However, the son Michael's birth should be registered and references have been mentioned several times but it sounds as though the certificate was never sent for?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!