Author Topic: Clement Park Nursing Home Lochee  (Read 923 times)

Offline Blakes80

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clement Park Nursing Home Lochee
« on: Saturday 04 February 17 16:39 GMT (UK) »
hi does anyone know of Clement Park Nursing Home in Lochee,  I interested in knowing if anyone was born there between 1960 and 1970. I was and was adopted in England?. have no information other than place of birth and family members etc. many thanks.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Clement Park Nursing Home Lochee
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 February 17 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Blakes80

Clement Park was owned and run by the Salvation Army.
From memory a few years ago there was a discussion on here about it and I am sure the person enquiring about it couldn't find any records.

Perhaps one of the moderators could find the old post as I am doing this from a kindle not my machine.

Yours Aye
BruceL

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST (Speciality - South Uist, Inverness)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 February 17 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Blakes,

Not sure if this is on the Perthshire board for a reason?

Was your birth parent(s) from Perthshire?

If no real reason, it may be best to ask a Mod to move it to the Angus (Forfarshire) board as Clement Park was in Dundee, Angus.

Topic moved.

I know someone who was born there 1958/59 although not adopted.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, MacKinnon, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie, MacDonald, MacInnes, MacIntyre, MacKinnon, Steele, Walker

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 February 17 08:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anne

In the early days of the NHS only the first born was born in hospital and any subsequent children's birth was down to the parents, I as first born was born in local hospital my siblings were born in Clement park I don't know when this system changed. I know that when my youngest brother was born myself and my sister spent a couple of day's in a children's home while my mother was in Dundee giving birth to our brother.
 ( From Memory!) I remember for years afterwards the man from the Salvation Army collected life insurance premiums from my parents.
Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 09 February 17 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bruce,

The one I have born Clement Park is a close relation (2nd of 3)

I have looked at SP for the only known siblings I have & they siblings were born Perth.

Whether in Hospital or at home I don't know as I don't have the certs.

There was a 10 yr gap between 1st born (Perth) & 2nd born Clement so there may have been others in between who died?

Annie

Offline Glendo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 20 February 17 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I had my daughter in clement park nursing home in 1965 and then (unusually not having her adopted) went on to work as a nursing assistant in the home. Part of my job was to assist the army midwife in the delivery room. I lived there till my daughter was 2 years old and saw many babies born who generally went on like you to be adopted.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 00:50 GMT (UK) »
I know of someone born 1959 at Maryfield Hospital, Dundee who was adopted & wonder if this was part of Clement Park?

Annie

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 07:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie
Maryfield had nothing to do with Clement Park.
see link below
https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/search/archives/42d2cbd5-4941-351a-8954-b5422370daa7

Yours Aye
BruceL