Author Topic: William Henry  (Read 839 times)

Offline ab196

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Henry
« on: Saturday 04 February 17 21:36 GMT (UK) »

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help with my query.

On the Freeholders records I have found the following:-
1833; William Henry; Great Georges Street, Belfast; Gent
and
1835; William Henry; Lancaster Street, Belfast; Wharfinger

Is it likely that these are one and the same person or two different people?

If anyone can enlighten me or give me any information regarding him/them I would be grateful.

Offline lmgnz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 April 17 06:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Ab196

No I cannot hep with your William Henry but I was wondering if you are looking at Belfast Henry families. I have this entry from the Cyclopaedia of NZ about John Henry, the oldest son of my 3xgt grandfather Bryce Henry b c1802,  of Dunsilly Antrim. I have no records of Bryce Henry pre 1850 in Dunsilly so am trying to tie him to any Belfast Henry families who might fit the profile.

Mr Henry was born in County Antrim , Ireland in 1842 and was brought up in a mercantile life in Belfast. He came to New Zealand by the ship “Himalaya” in 1866 and opened a shop in Cashel St, Christchurch on account of Messrs Grant and McLean and remained in charge six months. Mr Henry afterwards opened a business for Messrs Watt & Co., Storekeepers and Provision Dealers, and owing to its extension after five years, took over the Firm’s Ellesmeres branch with headquarters at Dunsandel and successfully carried on the business for fifteen years.

So far the Henry families that contain the names Bryce are all Co Down. One Bryce Henry b c1850, son of Nelson Henry, is described as a "dealer", address 65 Belgrave St in 1872 at birth of his son Isaac Nelson Henry.

Isaac is another name seen in the family of Bryce Henry of Dunsilly. I have details of the family of my Bryce Henry and his wife Eliza Ewing.

Cheers

Linda (NZ)

Offline ab196

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 April 17 22:07 BST (UK) »

Hi Imgnz

I'm sorry I am not able to help you but none of the details seem to tie in with anyone on my tree. My Henrys are from Belfast but don't seem to be connected.

If I come across anything in my searches which might be of use to you of course I will get back to you. Meanwhile I wish you luck.

ab196