Author Topic: Patrick Walsh Distillery Rd Wexford  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Marie Fagan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick Walsh Distillery Rd Wexford
« on: Sunday 05 February 17 02:57 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace my Grandparents Patrick and Mary Walsh (Nee Barnes) who lived in 14 Distillery Rd. Patrick and Mary were married in Castlebridge in 1922 and Patrick's Father was Thomas Walsh. I have hit a brick wall at this stage and would appreciate if anyone can shed any light on them.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Walsh Distillery Rd Wexford
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 February 17 08:34 GMT (UK) »

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 February 17 10:13 GMT (UK) »
A Thomas Barnes, Salior, Castlebridge, died 1922 aged 83, widower. Catherine Quirke sister in law.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1922/05062/4387489.pdf

He seems a bit too old though.

So she wasn't married to a Barnes so not Thomas' brothers wife she must be related to his wife.

Offline Marie Fagan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 February 17 10:39 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all for your feedback, My grandmother Mary Walsh (Nee Barnes) and I believe was born in Liverpool, she did have an Aunt in Castlebridge who I believe reared her, her dad was a Sailor and I Know her husband was Patrick Walsh who she married in 1922 and they then had 8 Children (one Anastasia was my mother) Patrick's Father was Thomas Walsh and my Grandmothers Father was Thomas Barnes.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 February 17 15:04 GMT (UK) »
That makes things more difficult.
Patrick was living in Wexford at the time of his marriage but may not be from Wexford. Father Thomas a labourer doesn't help much.
Any idea if Patrick had any brothers or sisters?
He is a carpenter by 1922 but still a bit too young in 1911 to be listed as a carpenter although he may have started working for one.
Perhaps another family member could be found  on a death cert he was informant on, if they died in his home on Distillery Road or his address is listed on the Cert.

Was the Aunt, Mary lived with, on her mother's or father's side, do you know if she was married?
No obvious Mary from England in the 1911 Census, either she wasn't in Ireland by than or is listed as born in Ireland. Could she still be living with her mother and in Ireland at time of the Censuses?
May be worth trying to find her in England in 1901 and 1911.

It may be that you will need to contact the church where they married in the hope the church record will have more information that the Civil Cert.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 05 February 17 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Here is the most likely candidate for the birth of your Patrick Walsh, in Wexford, in 1888.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1888/02493/1924949.pdf
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 05 February 17 22:12 GMT (UK) »
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 05 February 17 22:34 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk