Author Topic: Abram Andrew liddle 1897-1961  (Read 2797 times)

Offline bigmagicdog

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Abram Andrew liddle 1897-1961
« on: Monday 06 February 17 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Greetings all. Have been away working a while so my research has been rare. However I made an enquiry about the above person some time back and as a result of the help received. The original query was that he is shown on 1901 & 1911 census as living with his grandmother Isabella Andrews widowed and 1911 still with her only this time she had remarried and been widowed again under the name of Mason. I obtained Abram's birth certificate and it gave his parents as Frederick Briton Liddle (1858-1939) and Mary Atkinson (1859-1927) who in 1901 lived at 164 Burbank Street, West Hartlepool and Isabella lived at 86 Burbank. In 1911 Fred and Mary now lived 48 Benson Street and Isabella at 5 Hilda Street. Fred's parents were John Liddle and Ann Hill whilst Mary's parents were Robert Atkinson and Ann Carr. What I am trying to find out is how come Abram is listed as a grandchild when Isabella Andrews's maiden name was PROUD. I cannot find any surnames to marry up with Isabella's to make Abram her grandchild. Will appreciate all help.
Many thanks for reading this missive.
ANDREWS from Pitney, Martock, and surrounding area of Somerset.
ANDREWS from Hartlepool, Co Durham and surrounding districts.
Family Tree is on web site:  http://daveandrews.tribalpages.com/

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Abram Andrew liddle 1897-1961
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 February 17 16:18 GMT (UK) »
When and where did Frederick Britton Liddle and Mary get married?   Just wondering if Mary was previously married?

Frederick was born Pickering Yorkshire 1858 as per Family Search and was the illegitimate son of Ann Liddle
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 February 17 16:31 GMT (UK) »
Possible marriage is Frederick Liddle & Mary Atkinson, Dec qtr 1877 Hartlepool.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 February 17 16:35 GMT (UK) »
You haven't linked to a previous thread, but was the child Abram Andrew Liddle or Abram Andrews Liddle?

I see that Isabella had a son Abram (Abraham) Andrews.  Could he have been the natural father of young Abram perhaps?  Curious given the details you have from the birth certificate. ???
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline bigmagicdog

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Sorry avm228 the original link was
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=695747.msg5392683#msg5392683
and the marriage is confirmed between Fred and Mary Atkinson. I have the birth certificate of Abram Andrew Liddle which confirms his parents as above. Isabella's son Abram Andrews was born 1874 which is an interesting point as that would make him a grandson of Isabella. On the census returns the family of Fred & Mary list their other children but not Abram, as he was with Isabella but I noticed that on other trees all the other children are listed belonging to Fred & Mary but they do not have a record of Abram. This would mean Abram Andrews had an affair with Mary Liddle nee Atkinson when she was aged 38 and he was 23. Possible but no way to confirm.
Agree with you CaroleW Fred was born two years before the marriage which I have as between John Liddle and Ann Hill and just to confuse me even more the name Snarey keeps cropping up amongst the Liddle's.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Fred was born two years before the marriage which I have as between John Liddle and Ann Hill and just to confuse me even more the name Snarey keeps cropping up amongst the Liddle's.

Fred's mother was Ann Liddle - single so where does Ann Hill come from?

Fred was born Pickering and there is an 1861 entry for Frederick Snarey aged 3 born Pickering - son of John & Ann.  They also have a 1yr old son William whose birth is on freebmd.  GRO maiden name search shows Ann was nee Liddell

Marriages March qtr 1860 Pickering 9d 605

Ann Liddell
John Snary
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline bigmagicdog

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi CarolW.
John Liddle and Anna Hill are listed in Hartlepool Registration 1860 Qtr 4 ref 10a/167.

The entry of March 1860 9d/605 has a different spelling of Liddle and is how it is shown on the register.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 21:05 GMT (UK) »
You have the wrong marriage.  Do John & Ann/Anna have a son Frederick b 1858 on the 1861 entry?

Offline hpool

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 10 February 17 10:31 GMT (UK) »
his death notice for september 1961 is available.