Author Topic: Pinnocks, Edmondham, Wimborne  (Read 676 times)

Offline m23to53

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pinnocks, Edmondham, Wimborne
« on: Monday 06 February 17 18:05 GMT (UK) »
I am hoping it is possible to discover who was living at this address after WW2, definitely in 1949/1950. I don't really want to pay Dorset Local History Centre £35 to check a couple of electoral rolls so if anyone can help I will be most grateful.

Why? I am trying to trace Isobel St Vincent who wrote a fair number of children's books in 1930s -1950s and a search on Ancestry etc. has failed to help. But I contacted the Random House Archive who hold some contracts for her (signed with the name) and gave me a couple of addresses for her. Incidentally I assume she is female as i have found a bit about her on a blurb which says she is,

The other address was in London from 1955 and this makes me believe that Isobel St Vincent was not her real name, for the address appears to be flats or rooms with about a dozen residents on the electoral roll, five female and not an Isobel or St or Vincent in sight.

So I wonder who is the resident of Pinnocks  Could it be one of the London folk - Mary V Stratton, Irene I Phillips, Ruth Jackson, Joan Laker, Violet Stewart - though of course, I suppose she could have come and gone before the rolls were compiled for 1955.

many thanks
John

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)