Author Topic: Anthill & connected families  (Read 3778 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Anthill & connected families
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 April 17 20:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks Artypie
Nope I didn't get on my email wouldn't work it I wanted to know who was running it and were my mums family came in .
Steve

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 April 17 08:54 BST (UK) »
I've just tried again and there's no problem accessing it; I tried Artypie's link, from where I then went to the home page, then the search facility, and so to the page listing all the Frosts. There are 38 Frosts listed, and just one of these is listed as coming from Markfield -- Alice Frost, b about 1784, of Markfield Lane. I could then access her tree etc.

Are you sure that you can't get on the site or is it that you can't navigate around it? Because I really don't understand why it should demand any details from you - it hasn't from me.

There seem to be a very large number of individuals named on the site and it may be difficult to decipher any link even if you do access the info. There are 246 Coopers for example!
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline Artypie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 April 17 15:44 BST (UK) »
He has my dad and most of my dad's family tree on there, and he had info about one of the executors of my grandad's will, but no death location so I sent him it. Since it is all info freely available on the internet anyway I don't have a problem with it.
Platts - Morrell - Smith - Humphrey - Hancock - Heritage - Wilkins - Satchell/Satchel - Brooks/Brookes - James - Brown - Wardle - Hall - Croson/Croston - Davis/Davies - Fox - Humber - Sibson - Cooke/Cook -Chapman - Musson - Mountney - Ward - Cullen - Mumford/Mumfoot - Hoverd - Scriven/Scrivins - Ward - Harvey - Groombridge - Bullock - Holt - Harris - Cooper - May - Downs

Offline mareanna

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 18 April 17 16:36 BST (UK) »
Hello,

The Antill site is run by my husband.  There were some problems a few weeks ago and it is now hosted by a different company.  The web address is still Antill.org.uk and there are over 90,000 names on it.  No-one living should be shown though

Steve, you have been in touch with us, and I think one of the links is through the Geary family and my mother's Merriman name.  Ben Merriman's second wife was Gladys Gertrude Geary

Do get in touch again if you need to, either PM me or try the web site again.
Weston/Wesson, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire & Leicestershire
Merriman - Stanford on Soar, Canada & Australia
Antill and Wood-Antill, in Mountsorrel, Leicestershire, Caernarfonshire, Canada & New Zealand
Bamford, Northamptonshire & Derbyshire
Baum
Curtis
Richards
Elwin
Locker
Robinson
Langham
Langsdale
Ferguson - Ireland and Devon
Bamford
Newbold
Dobie - Dumfriesshire & Co Durham
Jones, incl Broster Jones and Tyzack Jones
Scranton, Philadelphia

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 11 February 18 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jennifer
Steve
Been researching my frost side William frost was alices father steward for lady Jane greys family at Brad gate house Newtown linford .my Elizabeth Geary born 1810 Stanton under bardon father John Geary mother Alice frost  Christ date 28th of April  1810 bardon park .she married my mums great great grand father Charles cooper. Born 1800 barlestone fathers name Thomas cooper mother Mary cooper .elizabethes father married John Geary 15 th of May 1799 .witness William me and Elizabeth Jurassic..alices father was William frost he married Alice sharman .alice sharman 10th October 1780 .alice frost Christ date 18th October 1784. His father was Richard frost he married Elizabeth Gervis not been able to find much on the Gervis side would like if you could to find any thing on this for please .
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 11 February 18 22:16 GMT (UK) »
I have a family tree as well which is on frost and Gilchrist and related families.
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 11 February 18 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Richard frost and William their parents was Francis frost and Sarah frost .
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 11 February 18 22:24 GMT (UK) »
How I found out about the frost side being stewards for lady Jane greys family I have the book called breakfast at bradgate. Which gives a lot of information and detail of what their jobs was buying pots and pans food wine beer for the family and being over the kitchen staff .
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 23 February 18 01:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Artypie
It's Ste
Been talking to a chap on here yesterday who was realy nice to me he was doing some work for his wife fathers step mother who isn't able to do it which I thought was nice of him he sent me a picture of Coalville with the brooks family in a horse and trap my mums side is brooks as you know from here in Markfield from here cooper side today I found out that between the coopers and Massey they once owned a earthen ware Mfs at were I used race my whippet near swaddlingcote back in 1848 but they dissolved the partnership .
Cooper/ Massey