Author Topic: White Star line crew lists  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Westy

• RootsChat Member
  • Lily Hendey 1934
    • View Profile
White Star line crew lists
« on: Tuesday 07 February 17 11:38 GMT (UK) »
I have a photo of my great grandfather on board the RMS Olympic as he was a crew member (I think a purser) does anyone know if there is a crew list available ?
I am unsure of dates but he was estate manager at Stourhead by 1922 so was before that.
Any pointers would be great, thanks
Burke, Mythen - Co Wexford, Ireland
Hendey,Hayward,Stevenson,Wells,Scott,Hutchings, Wren - Hampshire
Cox, Keats, Lyde, Roberts, Bishop, Snelling - Dorset
Dickinson - Bristol
West/Gustar - Isle of Wight
Russell -Salisbury

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: White Star line crew lists
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 17:30 GMT (UK) »
I assume you will have read the info re. the Olympic on Wikipedia.  It looks from there as the liner was pretty busy during the 1920's after an extensive refit, quite some ship by the sounds of it!

It was owned by the White Star line from 1911 up to 1934.  I think the White Star  'Officer Records' records are held with Find My Past.   After 1934 the Olympic became the property of the Cunard White Star and i believe their records are held at Liverpool University.
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline seaweed

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll see you one day in Fiddlers Green.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 February 17 19:30 GMT (UK) »
 The Crew List is contained within the ships logbook and gives you very little information on an individual. What you need is the Crew Agreement. The majority of Crew Agreements for OLYMPIC official number 131346 are stored at TNA Kew.
Link to what is available 1914-1922
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_srt=3&_ep=131346&_cr=bt100&_dss=range&_sd=1914&_ed=1922&_ro=any&_st=adv
Also the 1915 C/A's are online at NMM Greenwich.
http://1915crewlists.rmg.co.uk/
Dim ateb yn well nag ateb anghywir. Nid oes dim yn ddall fel rhai nad ydynt yn dymuno gweld

RIP Roger 10 August 2022

Offline Westy

• RootsChat Member
  • Lily Hendey 1934
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 February 17 09:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for all the help, it looks like the National Archives is going to be the answer, just need to narrow down the dates a bit !!
Burke, Mythen - Co Wexford, Ireland
Hendey,Hayward,Stevenson,Wells,Scott,Hutchings, Wren - Hampshire
Cox, Keats, Lyde, Roberts, Bishop, Snelling - Dorset
Dickinson - Bristol
West/Gustar - Isle of Wight
Russell -Salisbury